Help with the Serial Gateway sketch

• First time on this site. I downloaded the library ver 1.5. I am trying to run it on a Nano using Arduino IDE 1.6.5. When I try to compile the SerialGateway sketch, I get the following error message:
    <
    Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328"

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MyTransportNRF24.h:26:0,
    from SerialGateway.ino:44:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/utility/RF24.h:20:23: fatal error: DigitalIO.h: No such file or directory
    #include <DigitalIO.h>
    ^
    compilation terminated.
    Error compiling.
    />
    The wiring is good as I can connect to another small network I created. If I add the DigitalIO.h library the sketch compiles ok. When I open the Serial Monitor, I get the message - 0;0;3;0;9;radio init fail

I watched the Demo video on Building Serial Gateway, double checked the wiring and verified the board is working as mention above and the video never really said what was supposed to happen when the code compiled. I have tried the same code on an Uno r3 and get the same results.

Any hints as to what I should be seeing and if this is incorrect what do I need to check to make it work. If it is correct, what is the next step.

Thanks for any information

John

@johntech Hi John, I would reinstall the 1.5 libraries as something must have gotten missed. The digitalio.h library is included by default so if you had to manually add it, other libraries are likely missing as well. Once the libraries are reinstalled and you've restarted the IDE, and you still get that message then it would indicate a power or wiring issue. If it works you would get a message indicating the gateway successfully started.

Cheers
    Al

• Hi Al
    I want back a 3rd time and cleaned all the MySensor library entry's out and reinstalled everything overwriting and now it works!!

@johntech Glad to hear.

Cheers
    Al

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics