Completely lost on how this works :(

• So I"ve build a ethernet gateway with a Arduino Unoand ENC28J60. This seems to be working - I can ping the gateway and it seems to startup:

0;0;3;0;9;gateway started, id=0, parent=0, distance=0

Next I build a switch sensor using a Arduino Mini Pro and a nrf24L01+. For the controller I am using a Rasperry Pi with Domoticz which I've setup using the MySensors Gateway with LAN interface pointing to the correct IP and gateway.

What now? 🙂 I don't see the sensor detected on the controller. How do I know where I'm going wrong. It could be any of the 3 components. How do I go about troubleshooting and finding out which one is the problem.

On the gateway I dont see anything else except the above

• Contest Winner

I don't know if you've connected the three LED's on the Gateway. The yellow and green LED's should blink when the node is starting up.

Starting to monitor your serial communication is good thing to do. For USB gateways it's easy because you can type "sudo cat /dev/ttyACM0" in a terminal. But you can't do that, because you've got an ethernet gateway.

I think I would start but compiling the sensor with MySensor's debug mode. Just uncomment #define DEBUG in MyConfig.h and compile and upload the Sketch. That will allow you to startup the Serial monitor and you can see if the Node can connect to the gateway.

If that's working I would try the same thing with the Ethernet gateway. Compile that one with #define DEBUG uncommented in MySensor.h You can than use the Serial monitor on the Gateway as well. But I think you won't be able to see any debug info about ethernet communication. But someone else might know more about ethernet Gateways. I only tried the Serial and that works out good for me.

For both cases, make sure to recompile and upload the Sketches with the #define DEBUG commented. Because the Serial-debug mode tends to take up a lot of memory space.

• Thanks for the tip. That serial debug really helped.

I can see the data being send and received to the ethernet gateway. Telnet to the ethernet gateway on port 5003 and I can then see some data when I press a button.

This leads me to believe its a problem my domoticz. Will keep digging.

Update: I installed mysensors controller and its working perfectly now! Node and sensor picked up. When I press the button it registers on the controller! Woo hooo! 🙂

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics