Can not compile MySensors on esp8266

• Contest Winner

I wanted to dust off an old MySensors project that is running on an esp8266, but when I try uploading the Clear EEPROM sketch I get the following error:

In file included from Arduino/libraries/MySensors/MySensors.h:441,
                     from /private/var/folders/pm/z613mrwd6rx83wg51dx6jkfr0000gn/T/.arduinoIDE-unsaved2024724-45646-98sze5.cjzrw/ClearEepromConfig/ClearEepromConfig.ino:29:
    Arduino/libraries/MySensors/hal/architecture/ESP8266/MyMainESP8266.cpp: In function 'bool can_yield()':
    Arduino/libraries/MySensors/hal/architecture/ESP8266/MyMainESP8266.cpp:95:9: error: 'cont_can_yield' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'can_yield'?
       95 |  return cont_can_yield(g_pcont);
          |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          |         can_yield
    Arduino/libraries/MySensors/hal/architecture/ESP8266/MyMainESP8266.cpp: In function 'void esp_yield_within_cont()':
    Arduino/libraries/MySensors/hal/architecture/ESP8266/MyMainESP8266.cpp:101:2: error: 'cont_yield' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'can_yield'?
      101 |  cont_yield(g_pcont);
          |  ^~~~~~~~~~
          |  can_yield
    Arduino/libraries/MySensors/hal/architecture/ESP8266/MyMainESP8266.cpp: In function 'void loop_task(ETSEvent*)':
    Arduino/libraries/MySensors/hal/architecture/ESP8266/MyMainESP8266.cpp:199:26: error: invalid operands of types 'void' and 'int' to binary 'operator!='
      199 |  if (cont_check(g_pcont) != 0) {
          |      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^~ ~
          |                |            |
          |                void         int

exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

As far as I can tell I'm running the latest MySensors version and the latest ESP board version. I'm running on Arduino 1.8.12 though, but that shouldn't matter?

Help much appreciated.

• Contest Winner

@TheoL said in Can not compile MySensors on esp8266:

cont_can_yield' was not declared

Since the search function is broken it was hard to find it on mysensors forum. But google search helped https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/12066/no-lan-connection-esp8266-gateway/16?_=1724514129827

• Contest Winner

@TheoL Although I'm curious what the latest supported version for an EsP8266 is. As some of the other libraries I use complain about the 2.6.2 version

• Mod

@TheoL the latest supported version is ESP8266 2.6.2

Reference: https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors/releases/tag/2.3.2

• Contest Winner

@mfalkvidd I know xd. But it would be nice - if possible - if a newer version is supported. I'll post a project soon why I would like it.

• Mod

@TheoL there are two pull requests adding support for newer versions.

One is guaranteed to break again.

One should not break in the future, but will instead break all existing sketches.

I’m sure a third option would be welcome if you write the code and submit.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics