MQTTGateway does not seem to start broker

• Hello

I sucessfully uploaded the mqtt gateway example. The host is reachable from the network => w5100 seems to work fine.

$> ping 192.168.111.1
    PING 192.168.111.1 (192.168.111.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 192.168.111.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=128 time=0.092 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.111.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=128 time=0.091 ms

Serial monitor states:

0;0;3;0;9;gateway started, id=0, parent=0, distance=0
    Ok!

so everthing seems fine in my eyes. BUT: the mqtt broker seems not to start. nmap/telnet to 192.168.111.1:1883 fails and a mosquitto_pub/sub does time out after a while.

$> mosquitto_sub -v -t \$SYS/# -h 192.168.111.1

Error: Connection timed out

Any idea how to debug this problem?

EDIT: I used MySigningNone signer; because debug + spi + signing does not fit on an arduino uno 😞

• Hardware Contributor

First of all, could you provide the software guys here with more information to enable them to assist you. Information like; what hardware are you using, what version of MySensors are you using, what sketch is it.

This will hopefully make the debugging job easier.

• hurm you're right 😉

some facts:

• Hi,
    I have same problem on arduino one clone-w5100-mysensors 1.5-sketch is the example mqtt gateway.
    Can someone post a simply and working sketch of mqtt gateway??

• I succeed to get a working system using MySensors with MQTT Gateway and Home Assistant, details here: https://github.com/Mihai258/HomeAssistant-MySensors-MQTT, or you may wait for the future release of MySensors who may work with any external mqtt broker, like mosquitto.

• @Mihai thanks for your reply, I read only today. I will try your sketch and tell you my results.

• @Mihai It works!! Thank you very much.
    Giovanni

• You very welcome! I am happy that my work is useful for somebody else, you are the first with a feedback, so I am also happy about this. I hope my examples are simple and clear enough to build any sensor combination you need.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics