Where next with making prototype more permanent?

• Hi,

I built a basic temperature sensor node, first on a breadboard and then on a perf board (is that correct terminology?) as per following pic:

Picture of perf board prototype

(I still need to do some of the battery saving tweaks like cutting the LED track and running off 2 x AA via step up regulator).

I plan to make multiple sensors and fit it into some sort of enclosure to mount on walls inside and outside my house so it needs to look relatively 'smart'.

I'm a noob when it comes to electronics so what are my options to make the project more permanent/smaller form factor (e.g. shields, manufactured PCB etc)?

Jonny

• This is one I like, and could be of use to you: Link

• I saw that the other day. It is pretty neat and given me a few ideas.

I suppose I was also asking (although not very well worded!) where's a good resource when you want to design and manufacture your own bespoke PCB? Is there a good book anyone can recommend?

• @stubtoe said:

I saw that the other day. It is pretty neat and given me a few ideas.

I suppose I was also asking (although not very well worded!) where's a good resource when you want to design and manufacture your own bespoke PCB? Is there a good book anyone can recommend?

For Designing a PCB, you can watch tutorials on YouTube (search e.g. for "eagle tutorial" if you want to design your board with eagle. I started two weeks ago and after one day of watching tutorials I built my own board in eagle 😉

A good address for cheap pcb manufacturers is http://pcbshopper.com/

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics