LEDs not blinking in my Ethernet Gateway

• Hi !

I have successfully managed to set up an Ethernet Gateway using a WizNET (W5100) Ethernet module with an Arduino Pro Mini 5V module and it communicates fine with a Sensor node and Domoticz. So it works 100% fine and now I want to us the LEDs blinking feature (WITH_LEDS_BLINKING defined).
    However, it does not matter which pins I choose, the error and TX LED's are always lit 100% of the time and the TX LED is always off.

Since 2 of the default pins for the LED's are used by the NRF24 radio, by the I've tried :
    #define RADIO_ERROR_LED_PIN 2
    #define RADIO_RX_LED_PIN 3
    #define RADIO_TX_LED_PIN 4

#define RADIO_ERROR_LED_PIN 7
    #define RADIO_RX_LED_PIN 8
    #define RADIO_TX_LED_PIN 9

With the same result as mentioned above.
    Am I missing something here, or is it not possible to use the LED's in this kind of Gateway ?

Cheers & TIA !
    /T

• Contest Winner

@Tias If you use the pins as defined in MyConfig.h it should work. At least with my Sensors 1.5. I haven't tried MySensors 2.0

• Hi !
    Well, that's my main problem, the default configuration in MyConfig.h is :
    #define DEFAULT_RX_LED_PIN 6
    // The TX LED default pin
    #define DEFAULT_TX_LED_PIN 5
    // The Error LED default pin
    #define DEFAULT_ERR_LED_PIN 4

But the Ethernet Gateway using a WizNet (W5100) module is already occupying pin #5 and #6 as per the instructions at http://www.mysensors.org/build/ethernet_gateway

Cheers !
    /T

• Contest Winner

@Tias

In the EThernet sketch, the leds are defined as.

#define RADIO_ERROR_LED_PIN 7 // Error led pin
    #define RADIO_RX_LED_PIN 8 // Receive led pin
    #define RADIO_TX_LED_PIN 9 // the PCB, on board LED

Than if you configure with blinking leds in the MyConfig.h it should work. At least it works on mine gateway.

• Hi !
    Thanks, but as I mentioned in my OP, it is not working with that configuration neither so that's why I am trying to get help figuring out why it doesn't work in my case. 🙂

Cheers !
    /T

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics