My Bad (solved): Temperature sketch MySensors 1.3 under Arduino 1.0.5 -- not compiling?

• Hi,
    could anybody confirm that DallasTemperatureSensor is compiling under Arduino 1.0.5 using MySensors v1.3?
    I'm getting this error, cannot understand how to overcome it:

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:192,
    from C:\Users\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DallasTemperature\DallasTemperature.cpp:9:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WString.h:116: error: declaration of C function 'StringSumHelper& operator+(const StringSumHelper&, const char*)' conflicts with
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WString.h:115: error: previous declaration 'StringSumHelper& operator+(const StringSumHelper&, const String&)' here
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WString.h:117: error: declaration of C function 'StringSumHelper& operator+(const StringSumHelper&, char)' conflicts with.....
    and so on and so on!

@Nuubi

Yes I can confirm that they do indeed work fine together. Those are the exact same versions I was working with before moving to v1.4b a week or so ago..

• Thanks!

Got some extra energy to continue wondering why oh WHY... turned out that my own 1-wire library from 2010 conflicted with the official onewire library! Different directory name, but the same filename... Go figure!

Hope someone learns from this 🙂

• Mod

@Nuubi said:

Hope someone learns from this

Yeah! Like.... you? 🙂

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics