Could anyone look over this setup?

• I have a working RGB-3D "sensor" up and running, but i am making a wall mounted lamp so i want to use the same power supply for my arduino as i use for the LED strip in the lamp to reduce the number of cables.

With the transistors and volts and amps flying in every direction i get a bit confused, and i dont want to start a fire 😉
    Hardware:
    12V LED strip
    12V powersupply (500mah)

Arduino Nano
    nrf24

3x PN2222a transistors

Right now all of my ground pins is taken 1 for the NRF24 and 1 for the ground/emitter of the transistors (also connected to the LED powersupply ground).

My question is: Can something share ground?
    Can the nrf share common ground with the transistor and the powersupply?

0_1463600037013_Untitled Sketefch 2_bb.png

• Mod

The ground pins are connected on the pcb, so they are already shared in practice (and should be shared).
    Be careful with 12V to Arduino clones, they can usually only handle up to somewhere between 7 and 9V. Use an external step-down from 12V.

• @Tore-André-Rosander said:

I have a working RGB-3D "sensor" up and running, but i am making a wall mounted lamp so i want to use the same power supply for my arduino as i use for the LED strip in the lamp to reduce the number of cables.

With the transistors and volts and amps flying in every direction i get a bit confused, and i dont want to start a fire 😉
    Hardware:
    12V LED strip
    12V powersupply (500mah)

Arduino Nano
    nrf24

3x PN2222a transistors

Right now all of my ground pins is taken 1 for the NRF24 and 1 for the ground/emitter of the transistors (also connected to the LED powersupply ground).

My question is: Can something share ground?
    Can the nrf share common ground with the transistor and the powersupply?

0_1463600037013_Untitled Sketefch 2_bb.png

Thank you for your reply! I did a stresstest with my arduino connected to 12v (yes, i have a clone). It gets hot, but not so much that i burn my selfe when touching it.

Will i notice right away if there is any danger with the arduino i am using or could it take days/weeks/months before a possible overheat takes place?

• Mod

I have only tried 12V on the raw pin once and that immediately fried the Arduino AND the 1m 60 RGB LED light strip I had connected to one of the io pins.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics