Gateway to hands out node ID's

• Hi
    Is it even possible to implement that Gateway will hands out node ID's ?(something simple like store the assigned id's in eeprom and hand out what is not assigned...)

• Admin

This is not implemented in the gateway code, as it's "always" been the job of the attached controller.

• @tbowmo said:

This is not implemented in the gateway code, as it's "always" been the job of the attached controller.

I know it's "always" been the job of the attached controller but I have a scenario that the mqtt gateway will send directly to a cloud broker and an app that will receive it without any controller on the way. one problem I facing is the nodes id handing...so my question is if I would like to implement this in the GatewayESP8266MQTTClient.ino file is it possible?(check for incoming id request and 255 id number and saving current id handed in gateway eeprom etc...)

• Hardware Contributor

@Mickey - What happens if you fix a static node-id for each node?

• @sundberg84 it's need to be automatic. Fix id is easy to implement but because there will be an unknown number of nodes than I cannot use fix id's...

• Admin

Internal messages does not get exposed in the receive() function of the sketch.

To archive this you would have to modify the core somewhere here:
    https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors/blob/development/core/MyTransport.cpp#L706

• @hek said:

Internal messages does not get exposed in the receive() function of the sketch.

To archive this you would have to modify the core somewhere here:
    https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors/blob/development/core/MyTransport.cpp#L706

Thanks for answer.
    I tried to figure where I change the internal msg type to be exposed to GW in the MyTransport.cpp around line 706 but can't seems to find it...

• Admin

Why pass it to the sketch? You could implement the id-handout directly in core (I pointed out the area where internal messages directed to the node is processed).

• @hek said:

Why pass it to the sketch? You could implement the id-handout directly in core (I pointed out the area where internal messages directed to the node is processed).

To mess with core as little as I could so it can be easy upgradable in future (I already altered the MyGatewayTransportMQTTClient.cpp to support using dynamic connection parameters instead hard coded , I don't want to alter a lot of core files but if it necessary I will...)

• So I went and change the MyTransport.cpp file and added a few lines around line 740:

uint8_t currentID;
    		#if defined(MY_GATEWAY_FEATURE)
    			if (type == I_ID_REQUEST) {
    				currentID = hwReadConfig(0X123); //Read first byte of free conf eeprom space
    				if(currentID==0xFF)//check to see if it was never changed (255)...
    				{currentID = 1;}
    				_msg.set(currentID);
    				if(transportSendWrite(0xFF,_msg))
    				{
    				hwWriteConfig(0X123,currentID+1)
    				}
    			}
    			else
    			// Hand over message to controller

But the sensor still requesting an ID without getting it...

• Admin

You can see at how incoming PING requests sends a message back to the requesting node.

So... something like this:

(void)transportRouteMessage(build(_msgTmp, sender, NODE_SENSOR_ID, C_INTERNAL,
    					                                  I_ID_RESPONSE).set(currentID));

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics