ATmega328P + wireless modules + Raspberry Pi = Full domotic solution ?

• Hi everybody!

I'm a student and my english is not my greatest pride! πŸ˜‰
    I have a lot of questions without, after so much hours Googling...., real answers!

I'm trying to build a full domotic network at home, with PiDome. (I'm sure you know it! πŸ™‚ )

My project is to connect multiple ATmega328P wirelessly to Raspberry (working on Linux distribution, with PiDome server).
    I have a lot of problems, maybe you can help me! πŸ™‚

1. I want to know how to connect a ATmega328 to my RBPi
      -->how....? (Wifi Module, 433Mhz, etc...) (considering the factor walls, and others...) -
      --> and that I want to make that as secure as possible (maybe : avoid WiFi ? I don't know...)

2. How to interface between ATmega328 and RBPi, considering I need to give orders from RBPi to ATmega and I need to send datas from ATmega to RBPi...
      --> Is it possible to make that easier with MySensors ? (Code side)

Thank you all for your help!

Ps : every components should be cheap! Of course πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜„

• Admin

All instructions is available on www.mysensors.org. Read through the getting started section and continue with the build pages.

• Mod

@Augustintin welcome to the MySensors community!

Yes what you are describing can be done using MySensors. And yes, the components are cheap.

Just follow the instructions as recommended by hek.

• Thank you for your answers! πŸ™‚
    My questions were calling your experience. Of course I'm able to read a tutorial and I'm sure MySensors's bloggers are really able to write some topics about it!

But I'm looking for someone who already did it and build all of this alone, without manufactured products ready-to-use.
    Because that person is able to say me, "Pay attention, if you have.....", "I advise you to make more like that.......". πŸ˜‰

And too because like that, I will have someone who can say me, "I tried that but it gave bad results. Maybe you should more use......" πŸ™‚

• Mod

@Augustintin yes several hundred people have done this, by following the guides that hek linked to.

The guides have been continuously updated over several years, based on peoples experience. So they already include things like "pay attention if you have x" and "I advise you to".

What do you want us to do? Copy and paste the guides into this thread?

• @mfalkvidd .
    Thank you for your help! You are really useful!
    I will try somewhere else.

• Mod

@Augustintin you're welcome. Good luck.

• Mod

The main difficulty in these kind of projects is the wireless connection choice: range needed, transfer speed, budget,etc...

• I need to transfer maybe something like 2-3Kb/30sec... through 20 meters but through 3-4 walls... 😞
    So, I don't need/want WiFi module, but I need a middle-high power signal and all of this can't eat too much energy...
    Maybe you have an idea ?
    I thinked about 433-315Mhz, but I don't know specs about that technology...

• Mod

If you could post more details about your project maybe someone could come up with some advices. Also as a general rule try to choose a solution that you see there are libraries already made and people using it, otherwise if you go full DIY and you have issues, you are on your own.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics