Diy Awake signal sensor

• I did not find any info about how i could use reception of the heartbit signal in domoticz to build a AWAKE/SLEEPING variable...and smartsleep is also not supported by DZ.
    SO i'm trying the other way which is to have a sensor that would indicate to the controller when the node is awake so that the controller could use such device variable in a script and react to this in order to send various switches commands which were kept in the state of a dummy switch just waiting for the node to wake up.

To have such a DiY awake/sleep sensor detector i was thinking that i could use one pin of the node reflecting the state of the node (for instance HIGH when the node is awake and LOW when the node is sleeping: i can do that in nodemanager with nodeManager.setAutoPowerPins(true) for the pin i want ) and use this as an interrupt toward another pin of the node defined as the input pin of a sensor switch (as in a motion detector) ... : so waking up of the node would interrupt itself and the controller would be notified

i managed to make this work (in node manager) but sometimes it is unstable and i also realized by chance that such sensor switch could trigger when the nodes wake up even if it is left open (not connected to any other pin).
    But unsurprisingly i also encountered some apparantly instable behaviours (glitches) from time to time... so i'm wondering what much more simple solution did i miss..
    any comment or suggestion welcome!

• Mod

I think you can simply use some variables in the controller and have the node requests for those values from controller whenever it needs them (like the pulse energy meter that upon boot it requests the last pulse count from the controller and start counting from that)

• interesting possibility , thanks

• @gohan the last pulse count seems to be requested from the gateway ... does the gateway automatically reflects all user variables defined in the controller so that other nodes can access them by requesting from the gateway?

• Mod

I haven't looked at this yet, maybe @Yveaux can give a little hint.

• Mod

@fhenryco said in Diy Awake signal sensor:

does the gateway automatically reflects all user variables defined in the controller so that other nodes can access them by requesting from the gateway?

No it doesn't. It's just a gateway that doesn't buffer any data.

• Mod

I think he is more interested to a general way of accessing variables on controller through the gw

• Mod

@gohan anyway, just a gateway. No special magic in there...

• Mod

well yes, I know that, I am just saying he needs to be pointed in the right direction on how to retrieve values from controller 🙂

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics