NRF24 problem

• Ok, so Im using Domoticz with an serial getway, Im using and Arduino Nano for the getway, I builded 1 Hum/Temp sensor with an arduino uno and a protoboard, and its working fine, the problem starts with another building of the same sensor but with a pro mini, I weld evreything and double check the connections order and also the transmition between the cables that I weld, evreything looks ok on the multimeter, but the node simply does not connect I keep getting " 0 MCO:BGN:INIT NODE,CP=RNNNA--,VER=2.1.1
    3 TSM:INIT
    4 TSF:WUR:MS=0
    11 !TSM:INIT:TSP FAIL
    12 TSM:FAIL:CNT=1
    14 TSM:FAIL:PDT
    10016 TSM:FAIL:RE-INIT
    10018 TSM:INIT
    10024 !TSM:INIT:TSP FAIL
    10028 TSM:FAIL:CNT=2
    10029 TSM:FAIL:PDT "

I was thinking that there was something wrong with the building but then I made one more of the same sensor but with a Arduino Mega and a protoboard, I keep getting the same message!!!!! And the first node still working so there is nothing wrong with the gateway I think!!!! What else could it be?!?! I also teseted the DHT sensor and works fine in both the Promini and the Mega, and I tested two different NEF24 antennas they didnt work.

Please help me out!!!!

@raulandresmoch said in NRF24 problem:

11 !TSM:INIT:TSP FAIL

This is indicating a problem with your radio. It is not initialising so the node will not work. Re-check all your wiring, make sure you have a capacitor on the nrf power pins ( I use 100uf most of the time now) , try a different radio.

Check the nrf wiring against the circuit in this post

• Mod

A common error is a loose wire or just wiring error. Check continuity from arduino pins to radio pins just to make sure.

• @Boots33 said in NRF24 problem:

this post

Tks for your answer, I will double check the wiring (Again), on the POST that you sent me the IRQ on he NRF24 its not wired to anything. Mine its wired to Pin 2 on the Pro Mini.

• Mod

IRQ of the nrf24 is not used on the nodes but can be used on the raspberry gateway

• @gohan Could that be the problem?!?! I will try it when I get home, but on my first sensor im pretty sure I used the IRQ. Thank you for your time and help.

• Mod

I don't think it will matter... you could also try the latest mysensors 2.2, I am happy with it so far

• @gohan But if I use the 2.2 I have to update the other nodes and the gateway?? Im worried to mess the ones that are working.

• @gohan So I builded another Hum/Temp node, I did it on a protoboard and uploaded the sketch, It worked fine, then I took out the LED and the Regulator from the Promini and power it with 4AA batteries (5.5 V total) STOPED working again!!!! Could I have burn it with that Voltage!??? Or burn the NRF24?!?! This is getting really frustrating, maybe if I use a Nano instead of Promini.................

• Mod

@raulandresmoch do you mean that you powered the nrf24 with 5.5V?

• @mfalkvidd Nope I powered the whole system, but I think that without any regulator yes, the NRF24 recived 5.5v, I think I blew it !!!

• Mod

Yup, nrf24 is 5v tolerant only on data pins.

• Mod

According to the nrf24 datasheet, absolute maximum power voltage is 3.6V

• @mfalkvidd YEEEESSS definitely that was the problem!!!! Well .......... "Living and learning" I blew two Nrf24 antenas!!!

• @mfalkvidd So I just got home and power another NRF24 with the 3.5 volt coming from the USB-STC-ISP and its working, I need to figure out how to power the Arduino with only 3.5v from a 6v power source (4 AA batteries). Can you guys help me with some ideas to do it?! I thought in doing it with 2 resistors but Im not sure, I dont want to burn another NRF24

• Mod

Just use 2 of the 4 batteries you have, solder a wire extra on the battery holder and you have 3v. If I were you I'd buy some 3.3v pro mini and some LiFePo4 AA batteries that have the correct voltage for everything.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics