Issues since upgrading to v1.4.1

• Hi,
    I've a lot of nodes built with V1.4. All are running fine.
    I downloaded V1.4.1 but since some of them seem hanged. . I get only "node started" but nothing else.
    No error message.
    I've restored V1.4 and all run fine now.

Any Idea ?

Thanks.

• Admin

Only a bugfix (which was pretty serious) between 1.4.0 and 1.4.1. Communication should improve between them. Did you also update gateway when testing?

• Yes, I did the gateway upgrade to V1.4.1 . I'm using Mqtt Gwy.
    i've tried also to used SofSpi but get the same problem as mentionned in an another post (compil error in RF24.h) . I've let my Mqtt Gateway in V1.4.1 but not with softspi , using ports 11,12,13 instead of A0,A1,A2.
    I've rollbacked all my nodes to V1.4.
    So my config is now : Nodes V1.4 + Gateway V1.4.1 , all run fine.

You say that V1.4.1 is only a BugFix release but , for example, SofSPI was not present in V1.4 but only in V1.4.1. Maybe other differences ?

• Admin

You didn't mention that you were running Ethernet... Which ethernet module type?
    I'm not running the MQTT gateway myself unfortunately.
    Not sure if @Damme has done any tests with SoftSPI enabled but it shouldn't affect things if you keep it disabled (default).

• @hek I can confirm what MQTT gateway working good (with some troubles, but none too seriously) on version 1.4.1 using SOFT_SPI and Wiznet W5100 module (common Ethernet shield).

• MQQT Gateway works with V1.4.1, SoftSPI enabled in RF24_config.h and workaround mentionned (#define digitalio.h in main ino) but radio dialog with nodes in V1.4.1 fails (for Nodes , SoftSPI is not enabled). If i rollback nodes to V1.4 , it works!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics