Candle Manager - user-friendly web-based tool to program Arduino's

• For a project I'm working on I've created a small tool that could be useful to everyone in the community. I'm sharing an early version for Christmas 🙂

The tool is meant to be used with the Raspberry Pi. Through this web interface you can generate and upload code to a plugged in Arduino with the click of a few buttons.

0_1545992240907_dashboard.png

0_1545992251013_create_new.png

It takes code templates (which are just normal Arduino files), and transforms them into an easy to use interface so that users can change some settings.

0_1545991833537_code_ux_generation.png

From the user's preferences new code is generated. This can then be uploaded with the upload wizard:

0_1545992281342_upload_wizard2.png

0_1545992295714_upload_wizard3.png

The user never has to see any code if they don't want to. But if they do it has a built in code editor too.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
    It builds on the new Arduino Command Line Interface (CLI).
    HTML5 <-> PHP <-> Arduino CLI

What's is good for?

• Giving workshops. People no longer have to install the Arduino IDE on their laptops, but can instead connect to Raspberry Pi wifi hotspot.
    • I'm developing it to be part of a privacy friendly smart home demonstrator that I've been working on for a while. I'm building it on top of MySensors, MySController-rs, Mozilla Gateway and the Arduino CLI.

MORE DETAILS
    The code and more screenshots and details can be found here:
    https://github.com/createcandle/Candle-manager

• @alowhum Oh, very good work sir! 🙂

This is one of those things that has been needed for so long - I look forward to seeing the development of this as time goes on.

Excellent! 😉

Users

Topics