How to repeat presentation when using home-assistant with persistance false
leonard last edited by
I'am using home-assistant for a while and build some temperature sensors with mysensors.
With the default settings, home-assistant is caching the presentation and sensor values in a pickle file. This has the following downsides:
- when restarting home-assistant, old sensor values are beeing shown as new (just received)
- when changing a sketch, some added information does not update (or partly).
So I decided to turn off the persistence. Now I do have the problem, that nodes have to repeat their presentation when restarting home-assistant. I haven't got this working properly. Resetting the nodes fixes this issue, but that is not an solution.
I see two solutions
- repeat presentation (if necessary, nodes are battery powered)
- tweak home-assistant to do a more clever persistence
The more clever persistance would involve:
- discard old sensor values (or do not show them as new values...)
- allow sketch updates without limitations (details would have to be investigated)
- Allow to remove nodes that are not present any more (pickle file can not be edited easily).
Has anyone suggestions to solve this issues?
simbo last edited by
A related thread: https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/6843/re-request-presentation
How can we send a I_PRESENT or I_REBOOT command using the HA / MySensors API? If there's a way, then an automation be be hard-coded to request each node to reboot.
jmg138 last edited by
is someone find a way to send a I_PRESENT or I_REBOOT command using HA? or an other workaround to force node presentation when the persistant file is desactivated? (usefull after a HA reboot for instance)