Home Assistant update changed USB port name

• Just updated to the latest Home Assistant version 2024.1.3 and the USB port that my serial gateway was changed from USB0 to USB1 and I need to change this setting inside of HA, but I can't find the location to change the MySensors integration to make this change.

I can create another serial gateway device in HA and assign it to USB1, but then I would need to re-add all my sensors. I would like to avoid this.

So, anyone know of where I can change the serial gateway port from within HA?

• Yes, but it's dangerous to go there:
    MAKE A BACKUP OF /homeassistant/.storage/core.config_entries
    Open the original file and search for your GW ("domain": "mysensors"). There you can edit your settings. Be carefull to not touch anything else!
    It's a good practice to use the symlink in /dev/serial/by-id/ instead of the device under /dev/serial as this is not as likely to change.

Regards, Edi

• What I did not try but might work: copy your persistence file, delete the old GW and create a new one with the persistence file you copied. Maybe the devices are preserved like this. Maybe you should create a full backup before...

<edit: typo>

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics