ESP32/ESP8266 RS485 gateway - example needed
Konrad Winiarski last edited by
Did anyone tried (successfuly) to use ESP32 as gateway for RS485 nodes?
So far I tried to (testing on ESP8266):
- ...use example for Serial Gateway: https://www.mysensors.org/build/rs485 but no success. AltSoftwareSerial is not working with ESP32, it won't compile,
- ...search for solution to replace AltSoftwareSerial to EspSoftwareSerial - but nothing found,
- ...change to HWSerial (#define MY_RS485_HWSERIAL Serial1 // also checked with Serial) but there is no data "comming out" from TX pin (except ESP "junk" and the start),
Some debug info:
- The node (Arduino) is the code from example: https://www.mysensors.org/build/rs485:
381282 TSM:FAIL:RE-INIT 381284 TSM:INIT 381285 TSM:INIT:TSP OK 381287 TSF:SID:OK,ID=10 381290 TSM:FPAR 381308 ?TSF:MSG:SEND,10-10-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK: 383316 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY 383319 TSM:FPAR 383337 ?TSF:MSG:SEND,10-10-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK: 385345 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY 385347 TSM:FPAR 385366 ?TSF:MSG:SEND,10-10-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK: 387374 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY 387376 TSM:FPAR 387394 ?TSF:MSG:SEND,10-10-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK: 389402 !TSM:FPAR:FAIL 389404 TSM:FAIL:CNT=7 389406 TSM:FAIL:DIS 389408 TSF:TDI:TSL
- the data is transmitted out to RS485 (checked with another TTL-USB converter), hex:
01 FF 0A 58 07 02 0A 0A FF 02 03 07 FF 03 86 04
- the data is received from RS485 (same content) as above - DE/RE pins are controlled from ESP (at least Low State is set)
- RO is connected to RX pin at ESP32
- no response is comming out from TX pin (except junk at start)
Thanks in advance for hints!
benb last edited by
@Konrad-Winiarski i tried this in the last days as well. It seems as if AltSoftSerial would be working if the right module names in the library boards definitions would be included. I searched for the wemos d1 mini and lolin esp32 lines but could not find them up to now.
Did you come any further since your post in 2021?
JeeLet last edited by
Dual Transport (dual bus)
Yes a Gateway with several buses or a Node with two different buses would be a good thing.
You may have seen the post and the version of @tekka
. maybe not a problem for you
"tekka's personal fork from the MySensors 2.4 branch and has not been updated"