MyGateway's use of PinChangeInt prevents Nodes from using any Pin change Interrupts

• Because the file MyGateway.cpp includes utilities/PinChange.h and because MyGateway is not in it's own library a MySensor node can not make use of any Pin change interrupts.

The PinChange.h file defines the interrupt vector service routines inside the MyGateway.cpp compile unit and since all of MyGateway.obj is included in every end node you end up with a link error due to multiple defined symbols.

I suggest to either move MyGateway.cpp and it's associated example files into it's own library so that the conflict can be eliminated -- Or don't use the Pinchange but instead use the regular interrupts since the default Inclusion pin is defined as "3" which is on INT1 and doesn't use a PC_int.

Gary

• Admin

Check out the development branch on github.

• Will there be another release before 2.0?

• Admin

Yes, preparing for the 1.5-beta release. So please do help out to test the development-branch.

2.0 will not be over-the-air/serial protocol backward compatible so the both versions will live in parallel for a long time.

(no, cant give any time estimates)

A bit off topic, but what is version 2.0, and should I be worried?

• Admin

No, hope not 😉

We had a lengthy discussion about it here:
    http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/304/2-0-discussion-units-sensor-types-and-protocol

But then other stuff like multi radio support and signing got "in the way". This will be included in 1.5 as you're probably aware of.

Hopefully I will have more time for 2.0 soon again where focus is to clean up a little bit of the over-the-air protocol problems we seen and bring in new ideas that could help auto-generating sketches (if I can dream a bit).

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics