Motion/Humidity on Pro Mini ?

• Hello,

I'm new to MySensors and very excited discovering all the possibility !

I have one simple question at start : is it possible, using the PRO Mini (5V), to connect both Motion AND Humidity on the same VCC ?
    The PRO Mini only has two VCC, and one is already used by the NRF in 3.3V. So, could I connect two more sensors, or I have to switch to the Nano ?

Thanks !

• Contest Winner

@petoulachi

If you are using a 5V Pro-Mini, then your Vcc is regulated to 5V which you would need to step-down to 3V3for your radio, so keep that in mind. I'm not sure if you described your rig correctly above.

I suspect that the on-board voltage regulator can handle the power. You should have capacitors close to the three devices (radio, motion and humidity) so that when the radio starts to transmit the voltage drop (resulting from the sudden and significant draw of current) wont affect your other devices; their power source will be 'decoupled' from the radio by the capacitor acting like a mini battery for each device attached.

alternatively, if you are powering the pro-mini with regulated 5V power adaptor, well there is another source of power for the PIR and humidity sensors.

• I know about the step-down yes, that's why I'm guessing that the VCC for the radio cannot be used for the sensors as they use 5V (using thoses )

I'm not sure I've understood the part about capacitors. Are you suggesting me to add capacitors for every sensors ? I have thoses, do they fit my needs ?

The pro-mini will be powered using this . I hope everything's fine !

regards,

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics