Uno sensor works, no pro-mini connection

• Hello,

I'm trying to get multi sensor nodes to talk with the gateway.

Backstory ... I've been playing with the regular RF24 and RFNetwork for past several months now. Just discovered this MySensor library which is exactly stuff I'd like to have working.

Using typical nRF wireless modules.

Using my own apps based on the RF24/network libraries, I can have my pro-mini's talking with the base station, however when I switch to the MySensor library, and use the stock distance sketch on my nodes, and gateway on my base Uno, I cannot get any talk from the pro-mini nodes.

I also have one Uno node which does talk fine to the gateway. It's the only node that does.

Switch back to my RF24 apps and the pro-mins talk with my base; same wiring, no changes.

I'm powering now on bench setup using a ATX power supply, so the nodes are getting 5v and the nRF's are getting 3.3v straight from ATX; all common ground.

Can't figure why the pro-mini's won't talk to gateway using Mysensor libs, but they will talk when using my homegrown apps with standard RF24 libs.

Thanks for listening.

I am by no means an expert, but did you double check that you compiled for the right target? what is your uno connected to? what is the output?

• At the risk of stating the obvious, you either have a hardware issue or a software issue. Given that things work with the other software faulty wiring seems unlikely. That leaves software.

If the same sketch works with an UNO node you can probably rule out resource constraints -- both boards have the same processor and memory. I'd still keep an eye toward any dynamically allocated resources. Dynamic memory management on a system this constrained (and hard to debug) is always hit or miss. I try to avoid it if at all possible.

That leaves the probable cause as something that you're misusing that for some reason happens to work on the uno because the hardware is more forgiving, or randomly works for some reason beyond your control (compiler, linker, avrdude baud, etc.). I'd go back and double check each API call to make sure you are certain that you're passing the correct values.

You might want to post your sketch code so others can browse, too. We might see something you've overlooked.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics