Your workshop :)

• Code Contributor

Just for fun:
    IMG_20140722_193624_.png

• This could be nice thread:) I will post my photos soon:)

• Mod

I recognize the orange envelopes ;-)

• Mod

I will send mine tomorrow :) Nice idea!

• Contest Winner

@Yveaux

LOL

• Workspace.jpg
    I can't imagine why the WAF is so low.

• Mod

As promised my (2) desk(s).
    One for watches and one for electronics.

P1.jpg
    P2.jpg
    P3.jpg
    P4.jpg

• Admin

@marceltrapman
    Thats oceans of space you got.

My mancave is a bit crowded.

lab2.jpg

lab.jpg

• Contest Winner

@hek

in america they say "its not the size that matters!"

• Mod

@BulldogLowell said:

in america they say "its not the size that matters!"

Hmm, but I am pretty sure @hek was talking about 'space' and not 'size'.

I agree, size does not matter but space is really really helpful to keep things organised.

@hek Yes, and this is a corner of our 'hobby room' that is 'only' 70m2 :)

• Mod

@marceltrapman OMG! That's so clean and organized!

@Yveaux Marcel is a bit swiss like as it appears except for the hanging electricity cables from the roof ;-)

• Mod

@epierre said:

Marcel is a bit swiss like as it appears except for the hanging electricity cables from the roof ;-)

Actually I am Dutch living in Germany but you are correct, I like a clean desk (the desk I use for my work no less).
    The loose cables irritate me but I have to take the time and figure out how to solve that nicely.
    Talking about obsessive, when you look at picture 2 and 3 you will see that the white cable on the floor is clipped to the wall ;)

@marceltrapman I saw it, but alas computer and cables are synonims... my desk is more like @hek one, no room... or plenty of cables...

What kind of watch do you clean thi way ? I've not seen the oscillator measuring tool for automatic watches ;-)

• Mod

@epierre said:

What kind of watch do you clean thi way ? I've not seen the oscillator measuring tool for automatic watches ;-)

Wow, how did you recognise it?
    It is not only automatic but all mechanical watches btw.
    I clean (and if not too difficult I sometimes repair/maintain) all watches but my real interest is with mechanical watches.
    I am intrigued by how small things can be and accomplish so complex tasks.

I have attended a couple of workshops to get to know hand wound and automatic watches. Next step is watches with more complexities (like stopwatch etc.).

@marceltrapman this is why I called you a swissman ;-) (hint: the UV machine and some other tools) but they speak french in the clock and watch industry in the Juras. I myself have tenth of mecanical ones, but they are not expensive enough to go to official repair... one day maybe when I'll have plenty of time...

• Mod

@epierre said:

this is why I called you a swissman

:) now I get it...

• Code Contributor

I started writing in @Yveaux thread but didnt want to go too far off topic so; here is a small presentation of myself; you guys could write something short about yourselves too!

I've been involved in lots of project here and there, I have done some minor hacking of protocols, programs (softice, olledbg, IDA) and even embedded systems (mostly linux). But it is just for fun for myself. Never 'destroyed' anything. I know a little about many things, but not really good at anything at the same time.. :) I know electronics too, Not much analog but digital is easy (as long as the frequency doesn't get too high.. Sigh!)
    @Yveaux You seam to do a lot of fun stuff too.. :)

• Mod

@Damme It's my job, dude. I'm a self-employed embedded software engineer/designer with a lot of experience from complete machine control (semicon) to industrial automation and networking components (EtherCAT, yeah baby!)

• Mod

OK here it is:
    I am an entrepreneur (or self employed if you like) in sales training, coaching and (interim) management. Next to that I do something completely different and that is developing Java Plug-ins for the Servoy platform (and a bit of Objective C, Xojo and Python). It is sort of a hobby that I made my job.
    The rest is hobby.
    I like nice watches and from there I grew into what I described a few posts back.
    I started installing a few security cams earlier this year, found that the step into domotica was not too difficult and here I am building a hobby around MySensors and electronics. And soon 3D printing...

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.