What solder paste are you guys using?
So then, as the title reads; what solder paste are you guys using when soldering IC's with no leads, QFP, DFN, SOP, etc etc.
I'm looking around and all i can find is the chinese/hong kong stuff. I've heard its pretty bad so whats your solder paste of choice?
While we're at it, what about your flux too?
for flux: usually no clean flux, rosin. liquid or gel, pen sometimes.
- those on mysensors store work well for me.
- I have other a bit more expensive like kester.
but the cheap one work ok. depends what you do. No clean is very common, but not recomended if circuit is high impedance >1M. I have one board which will be high impedance, so I will take care
- cheap chinese work well for me on some stuff. I didn't tried it for reflowing.
- For reflowing, I use, more expensive, well known chipquick, and I try to respect his temperature curve for better performance! but not the same price! I use leaded no clean, it's for hobby, and easier to use and to have good result, so I have no problems with those concerns.
- There is also kester, multicore brand.
Fabien last edited by
For flux, usually JBC FL-15 from my local dealer. Clean with water. Very good results.
I'm yet to venture into the world of expensive but quality solder and flux. I'm still using materials from Aliexpress. When i get into the more quality of boards i will bring in the extra cost of those high quality products.
Thanks for your feedback guys!