Lots of errors when trying to compile example sketch

• Hi,

i have wired a gateway node with an NRF2401+ radio and a W5100 ethernet module and an Arduino nano. Pretty much like the tutorial.
    So now i want to flash the arduino. I have downloaded the 2.0.0 library and imported the zipfile as a library in the Arduino software. I have copy&pasted the example sketch for this type of gateway, and tried to compile it. But i get LOTS of errors according to code in the library itself. Let me show you:

In file included from /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:23:0,
                     from /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/MySensors.h:261,
                     from /Volumes/simonszu's home/MySensors/gateway/gateway.ino:117:
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.h:34:31: error: 'SPI_MODE0' was not declared in this scope
     #define MY_RF24_SPI_DATA_MODE SPI_MODE0
                                   ^
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.h:38:76: note: in expansion of macro 'MY_RF24_SPI_DATA_MODE'
       SoftSPI<MY_SOFT_SPI_MISO_PIN, MY_SOFT_SPI_MOSI_PIN, MY_SOFT_SPI_SCK_PIN, MY_RF24_SPI_DATA_MODE> _SPI;
                                                                                ^
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.h:38:97: error: template argument 4 is invalid
       SoftSPI<MY_SOFT_SPI_MISO_PIN, MY_SOFT_SPI_MOSI_PIN, MY_SOFT_SPI_SCK_PIN, MY_RF24_SPI_DATA_MODE> _SPI;
                                                                                                     ^
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.h:38:103: error: invalid type in declaration before ';' token
                                                                                                           ^
    In file included from /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/MySensors.h:261:0,
                     from /Volumes/simonszu's home/MySensors/gateway/gateway.ino:117:
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function 'uint8_t RF24_spiMultiByteTransfer(uint8_t, uint8_t*, uint8_t, bool)':
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:44:24: error: request for member 'transfer' in '_SPI', which is of non-class type 'int'
      uint8_t status = _SPI.transfer( cmd );
                            ^
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:47:18: error: request for member 'transfer' in '_SPI', which is of non-class type 'int'
        status = _SPI.transfer( NOP );
                      ^
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:49:24: error: request for member 'transfer' in '_SPI', which is of non-class type 'int'
       } else status = _SPI.transfer(*current++);
                            ^
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function 'bool RF24_initialize()':
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:261:7: error: request for member 'begin' in '_SPI', which is of non-class type 'int'
      _SPI.begin();
           ^
    exit status 1
    Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

So my question is now: How can i resolve these issues? I am quite sure that you didn't commit faulty code, so it's somehow an error on my side...but where am i wrong?

• Mod

@simonszu on my mobile now so I have trouble reading everything but try changing name of the Mysensors-master folder to just MySensors

• Mod

The easiest way to install the MySensors library is to use the Board Manager. See https://www.mysensors.org/about/arduino#installing-the-sensor-libraries for instructions. You'll need to delete the folder that was added manually first though.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.