MySensors -> ElectricImp -> Xively
MySensors is such an awesome development! Thank you guys, keep up the wonderful work.
The objective for my first MySensors project was very simple, connect a wireless network of sensors and store the data in the cloud.
This project involves the following,
- Several sensors (temperature, humidity, pressure, light, power)
- Electric Imp (for wireless connection to internet and Xively)
- Xively (for logging the sensor data)
I do not own a Vera to act as the controller, though I own a Raspberry Pi, seems like there will be alot more development needed for this hardware. Hence, I settled without using a controller for now. Since I just wanted to log sensor data (no actuation for now).
Modifications needed to MySensors code:
- Since there is no controller to provide the sensor ID, i had to force the ID by entering it in the gw.begin() statement ie. gw.begin(10) for ID 10
- No modicifations needed here
- Electric Imp (receive serial comm from gateway and post to Xively)
- refer to https://xively.com/dev/tutorials/electric_imp/
- Had to modify the above code to only process serial messages that contain Message Type = 1 (Set Variable)
Feel free to post your interest and I will be more then willing to share more of my experience.
Here are the results in Xively.
You will noticed I used the Node ID and Child ID as the Channel name.