NodeManager v1.8 now available!
user2684 Contest Winner last edited by
NodeManager v1.8 is finally here!
With 8 months of development from 12 different contributors, the new NodeManager v1.8 ships now as an Arduino library to allow an easier integration, a more consistent upgrade process across the versions and a simpler way of using it.
This version includes also a number of enhancements and bug fixes, a better integration with the MySensors library (including the capability to use the web-based Log Parser) and support for an additional 11 new sensors, with a grand total of 62 built-in sensors that can be added to your project by just a single line of code.
NodeManager v1.8 can be downloaded directly from Github https://github.com/mysensors/NodeManager where detailed installation instructions are also provided.
Please read the README file carefully before starting so to get a sense on how to use it or what has changed from the previous releases.
The full release notes for this version are listed below:
- Split NodeManager's core classes in individual files and each sensor code in its own dedicated header file
- New Arduino-compatible library structure to allow easier integration and more consistent updates across version
- Included a complete set of examples which can be loaded directly from the Arduino IDE
- Simplified the template sketch with a global nodeManager object and sensors that can be imported directly from there
- Debug output is now fully compatible with the one used by the MySensors library and integrated into MySensors LogParser
- Better control on how often, if and when to sync the time with the controller for time-aware nodes
- Added a Measure Timer so to allow splitting between taking measures and reporting
- Added support for every sensor to keep track of the last value assigned to a child in EEPROM and restoring it upon a reboot
- Introduced new capabilities for reporting every minute/hour/day or only at a given minute/hour/day
- Added ability to read from the serial port at the end of each loop cycle, useful for debugging interactive sensors
- Added support for pH sensor
- Added support for PCA9685 as RGB/RGBW/W dimmer
- Added support for DSM501A dust sensor
- Added support for PN532 NFC RFID module
- Added support for CCS811 CO2/VOC sensor
- Added support for MPR121 Capacitive Touch Sensor
- Added support for serial GSM/SMS device
- Added support for FPM10A fingerprint sensor
- Added support for SDS011 Air quality sensor
- Added support for ESP32 devices
- Added support for nRF52 radio
- Improved SensorDigitalInput and NeoPixelSensor
- Si7021 sensor is now using the library from the MySensors example
- Reviewed the MQ Sensor implementation
- Optimized memory utilization
- Added Travis Continuous Integration tests
- Fixed wrong battery report when using battery pin and SensorRain/SensorSoilMoisture
- Fixed DigitalOutput safeguard not working as expected
- Fixed radio signal level reporting wrong values
- Fixed SensorLatchingRelay2Pins wrong pin selection
- Other minor bug fixes