VeraEdge/UI7 and Gateway

• I was using a RasPI controller with the serial gateway, but have received a VeraEdge – thought it should be easy to change – but no!.
    I’m was giving up using the serial GW, because I have a Nano clone – worked fine on the PI, but not on VeraEdge. Then I changed to the Ethernet (ENC28J60) version and have wired according to this (as on MeSensors web page):

Arduino NRF24L01 Radio Ethernet module
    GND GND GND
    3.3V VCC VCC
    13 SCK SCK
    12 MISO MISO/SO
    11 MOSI MOSI/SI
    10 SS/CS
    6 CSN
    5 CE

Ensured that I have a valid IP address and configured Vera according to the description on the web page, but on the Ethernet board only power LED is on, starting the terminal says “0;0;3;0;9;check wires” ….

I have checked and checked and checked that the wires is according to above, ensured that I’m using UIPEthernet.h and not just Ethernet.h

I’m almost sure it’s not my Ethernet board, because I have changed it to another one.

Any idear?

• Admin

@Kurtsejr

SOFTSPI is disabled?

• arduino/libaries/Mysensor/utility/rf24_config.h open with geany for windows and //#define SOFTSPI edit it save / reupload sketch i didnt use serial gateway i use mqtt gateway thou.. i will check later with serial gateway never tried.. still building up and learning and gets better now lol

• Thanks!
    i have enabled SODTSPI in the wromg, thanks @Anthony-Straw for pointing me to the right directory, and not just arduino/libaries/rd24. When I now complile i get an error:

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensor.h:28,
    from EthernetGateway-sensornet.ino:43:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/utility/RF24.h:51: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'SoftSPI' with no type
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/utility/RF24.h:51: error: expected ';' before '<' token

What does this mean?

Is my environment a mess?

/Kurt

• Hi @admin and @Anthony-Straw

I have now completely re-installed my Arduino environment

I don't think that I shall use SOFTSPI, because I use the ENC28J60 module and according to the example script:

COMPILING ENC28J60 ETHERNET MODULE

• Use Arduino IDE 1.5.7 (or later)

• Disable DEBUG in Sensor.h before compiling this sketch. Othervise the sketch will probably not fit in program space when downloading.

• Remove Ethernet.h include below and include UIPEthernet.h

• Remove DigitalIO include

It's not necessary to uncomment SOFTSPI - but I cant find a file called Sensor.h but of a file called MySensor.h - here I find a DEBUG, but cant see if this can be disabled - I can compile and upload, but my Ethernet card (have changed it) does not start - only power is on 😞
    I use latest Arduino version (1.6.0). to an Arduino NANO with ATmega328

strange .......
    /Kurt

• Hi again

I have seen that someone have had problems by using 3.3V to both radio and ethernet shield - I therefore changed to a UNO - now my VeraEdge can connect - I cant see any sensors yet, but that might be me not understanding Vera user interface

/Kurt

• Admin

@Kurtsejr said:

It's not necessary to uncomment SOFTSPI

Exactly, I was just checking so you didn't do by accident.

• Sorry me again 🙂

I can now read a lot parameter from different kind of sensors from different rooms, but VeraEdge says "MySensors plugin : Cannot send command - communications error" and I have no contact to a relay sensor .... any idear? (I can include the relay sensor)
    When I open the terminal window to the gateway, everything looks ok

/Kurt

• @Kurtsejr i think for the best erase or move whole libraries out of the way and put in fresh in cos i notice two folder differently one was "my-sensor" other one is "MySensors" folder myself would use "MySensors" from the website i unrar place in that one it work so well then other one ... so worth a try 😉 (thats happen when i try other one saying check wire) so try other one and softspi then it would say "started" on the serial montior on arduino IDE

• It's a bit strange, because my relay works fine when I have the Ethernet gateway terminal window open from the IDE.
    Before I open the window the relay did not work, but just open it - ask Vera to send command, and the relay works!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics