What am I missing?

• I'm new here and having trouble.

I built a gateway using UNO R3 Clone and genuine UNO Shield. Wired according to mysensors website. Removed SPI comment. Uploaded and added it to Vera UI7. This is what the serial monitor reads:

0;0;3;0;14;Gateway startup complete.

When I start the inclusion process:
    0;0;3;0;2;Get Version
    0;0;3;0;2;1.4.1
    0;0;3;0;5;1

I built a temperature sensor using a dallas temperature sensor based on a nano and wired it according to mysensors website and commented the SPI again. It works and reports the temperature corrects but reports:

send: 10-10-255-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,st=fail:
    sensor started, id 10
    send: 10-10-255-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,st=fail:1.4.1
    send: 10-10-255-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,st=fail:255
    send: 10-10-255-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=18,st=fail:Temperature Sensor
    send: 10-10-255-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,st=fail:1.0
    send: 10-10-255-0 s=0,c=0,t=6,pt=0,l=5,st=fail:1.4.1
    send: 10-10-255-0 s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=fail:26.6

I tried to give it a static node number of 10 but still have the st=fails.

What am I doing wrong? Apparently the units are not talking to each other. I have worked through the mysensors trouble shooting. There are 4.7 uf capacitors on both radios. All parts are ordered from the links on mysensors.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks.

• @Ironbar

I had the same problem with an Uno because of power issues. I used a Nano and everything worked like a champ.

• Thanks jeylites.

I stated with a Nano and a W5100 module but I think the W5100 module was bad because I never could even get it to run a web server sketch. I didn't fully understand the wiring back then so I gave up and bought the Uno and shield because I figured it can't be wired wrong.

I get 3.270 volts to the radio. I ordered some 9v adapters that I will try when they get here. In the mean time I guess I will order another W5100 and see if I can get the nano to work.

Anyone have any other ideas? It seems like there would be a way to see if the radios are actually even broadcasting anything.

@Ironbar said:

It seems like there would be a way to see if the radios are actually even broadcasting anything.

Have you tried without hooking the ethernet module/shield and connecting to the USB/serial ports? You should at least see communication that way. Once that is working, I would add the ethernet module and then confirm that it's still communicating. If not, it's likely a SPI/Soft_SPI issue.

Cheers
    Al

• @Ironbar

Sorry, I was't clear on my previous post. Initially, I went through two (2) Uno's to test my connected sensors and received similar fail messages as yours. Thinking both Uno's were bad , I decided to used a Nano instead. And that's when everything started to work. It is obvious but it took me a while to figure this out. The Uno's consumes slightly more Amperage than the Nano's as a result the radio wasn't able to keep up with the power from the Arduino Uno. What I've learned is these radios don't work well when power is shared with the Arduino and you have bunch of sensor hook to it. Especially under burst transmission over a short period of time.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics