Mycontroller & MQTT

• Hi,

I've installed MyController next to Openhab on my RPiv2. The setup with Openhab is running fine, all my nodes are visible.
    Using MyController, I'm unable to discover any of the nodes. Discover starts, but shows an empty window.
    Running Wireshark tells me, MQTT messages are "handled" by MyController.
    Anything I have to configure extra ? Can I enable debugging ?

Details:
    Nodes running Mysensor v1.5 API ; Gateway = MQTT client based on v1.5 API ; MQTT broker = Mosquitto v3.1
    I'm using chrome on Win7 to connect to MyController

Cheers,
    Peter

• Plugin Developer

@pierremv said:

Hi,

I've installed MyController next to Openhab on my RPiv2. The setup with Openhab is running fine, all my nodes are visible.
    Using MyController, I'm unable to discover any of the nodes. Discover starts, but shows an empty window.
    Running Wireshark tells me, MQTT messages are "handled" by MyController.
    Anything I have to configure extra ? Can I enable debugging ?

I believe you are using MyController 0.0.2-alpha5 version? If Yes it supports Mysensors 1.6(MyController MQTT support broken 😞 with this version). Huge difference on MQTT message formats between Mysensors 1.5 and version 1.6 If you want to try with MySensors 1.5 version kindly go with MyController 0.0.2-alpha4 version.

Note: in MyController 0.0.2-alpha5 version MQTT has issues, it will not work with either MySensors 1.6 or 1.5. https://github.com/mycontroller-org/mycontroller/issues/33
    We fixed this issue, MQTT support will be available from 0.0.2-alpha6 version with in built MQTT broker(will be released soon and support fully moved to MySensors 1.6 version).

Details:
    Nodes running Mysensor v1.5 API ; Gateway = MQTT client based on v1.5 API ; MQTT broker = Mosquitto v3.1
    I'm using chrome on Win7 to connect to MyController

Cheers,
    Peter

• Hi,

Yes, I'm running alpha5.
    Switching to 0.0.2-alpha4 results in : "415: Unsupported media type. Cannot consume content type".

What do you mean by "0.0.2-alpha6 version with in built MQTT broker" ? My particular interest in Mycontroller is the OTA feature. MYScontroller works for me, but it doesn't support MQTT (yet?). Now I have 2 gateways which I want to reduce to 1.

Cheers,
    Peter

• Plugin Developer

@pierremv said:

Hi,

Yes, I'm running alpha5.
    Switching to 0.0.2-alpha4 results in : "415: Unsupported media type. Cannot consume content type".

Refresh your browser(F5), if not resolved clear your browser cache, if no change you should remove MyController files completely and install 0.0.2-alpha4 version.

What do you mean by "0.0.2-alpha6 version with in built MQTT broker" ?

MyController 0.0.2-alpha6 version yet get released. Which has inbuilt MQTT Broker support, So from 0.0.2-alpha6 version no need to run separate MQTT broker (like Mosquitto), or you can turn off inbuilt MQTT broker and you can go with your default broker.

My particular interest in Mycontroller is the OTA feature. MYScontroller works for me, but it doesn't support MQTT (yet?). Now I have 2 gateways which I want to reduce to 1.

from 0.0.2-alpha6 version only fully supports everything via MQTT. If your only intention to use MyController for OTA feature, will be available only from 0.0.2-alpha6

Cheers,
    Peter

• Looking forward to try 0.0.2-alpha6. Will the combination with Mysensor v1.5 work too ?

As I have different other MQTT clients in my network, I'm planning to stay with Mosquitto as MQTT broker. That's also the reason why the MQTT gateway acts as client and not as broker. Nevertheless, I do understand your reasoning to simplify the setup by adding MQTT broker support.

Thanks for your support, appreciated !

Cheers,
    Peter

• Plugin Developer

@pierremv said:

Looking forward to try 0.0.2-alpha6. Will the combination with Mysensor v1.5 work too ?

MySesnors v1.5 MQTT will not support for OTA, If you want to go with OTA support via MQTT you should upgrade your MySensors version to v1.6

As I have different other MQTT clients in my network, I'm planning to stay with Mosquitto as MQTT broker. That's also the reason why the MQTT gateway acts as client and not as broker. Nevertheless, I do understand your reasoning to simplify the setup by adding MQTT broker support.

MySensors v1.6 MQTT completely redefined. Reference link for further information.
    MyController 0.0.2-alpha6 version have inbuilt MQTT broker as well as client. You can use inbuilt MQTT broker as like broker you are using outside. It will support for other clients too. That's up to your wish. You can use it or disable it.

Thanks for your support, appreciated !

Cheers,
    Peter

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics