Omron D6T Thermal sensor for detecting human presence

• I found the D6T sensor a while ago and it seams like the perfekt sensor for detecting human presence in a room. Would it be difficult to use this sensor with an arduino to be able to detect or count people as it say in the description?

**Omron's D6T Series MEMS Thermal Sensors are a super-sensitive infrared temperature sensor that makes full use of Omron's proprietary MEMS sensing technology. Unlike typical pyroelectric human presence sensors that rely on motion detection, the D6T thermal sensor is able to detect the presence of stationary humans by detecting body heat, and can therefore be used to automatically switch off unnecessary lighting, air conditioning, etc. when people are not present. As the D6T sensor is also able to monitor the temperature of a room, it can also be used to continually maintain optimal room temperature levels, instantly sense unusual changes in temperature thereby detecting factory line stoppages, or discover areas of overheating for early prevention of fire outbreaks.

Features

OMRON’s unique MEMS and ASIC technologies achieve a high SNR
    Superior noise immunity with a digital output
    High-precision area temperature detection with low crosstalk field of view characteristics
    RoHS compliant**

Omron D6T

Looks good..
    I found some code here for it:
    http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=212749.15

I've not looked any further as to what people may have done with respect to counting people etc..but im sure there is some out there!

Not too cheap though.. $80AUD here!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics