Graphing via RPi to website

• Hi

I've set up various sensor nodes meshing with a serial gateway connected to a Veralite e.g. Temp, humidity, PIR, door sensors etc.

I'd like to be able to save and graph the results over time and automatically push the results to display via a webpage, so I can analyse later and see trends etc.

Like this:

Temp sensor ==> Serial Gateway ==> Raspberry Pi ==> Webpage

I'm thinking I'd need the RPi to act as an Internet gateway (unless I can somehow use the Veralite).

What are the options?

I'm willing to do my homework on this and read up if anyone can point me in the right direction of where to start.

Jonny

@stubtoe

I use the Vera's dataMine plugin for such. It works well for me. Data is stored in a USB sticked plugged directly into my Veralite's USB port.

• @rvendrame
    Yeah, I've used datamine previously however I wanted to know if there were any other solutions out there as I want to incorporate building a website into my project too (I'm learning HTML/CSS on the side).

Has anyone had any joy hooking up Initial State with MySensors/VeraLite?

Also, Veralite only has 1 USB port and I'm using that for my gateway so can't log to USB stick at same time.

• If you're using the MQTT client gateway, you can grab the data using something like node-red and send it to an InfluxDB (or other), and then it's fairly trivial to load it into grafana. That's what I'm currently doing.

• I'm using a different approach using Google Charts, as outlined here.

I run Domoticz on a RPi, and I've written a Python script to get values from Domoticz using JSON calls every 10 minutes, and write these to a .csv file, creating a new file each day.

I then run a modified version of @stephenmhall's Python script, which creates an html file and calls Google Charts. One advantage of this approach is that you display the webpage in a local browser.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics