How to check if a SerialGateway works

• Last days spent my time for a new gateway. For me the hardware is ok. (Check wiring, placed another Nano and tranciever.) In the serial monitor gives the gateway:

0;0;3;0;9;gateway started, id=0, parent=0, distance=0
    0;0;3;0;14;Gateway startup complete.

Is this a good respons?

When its coupled to a Domotics there's no version and no sensors...

How can I check the gateway??

• Hardware Contributor

Its a great response!
    Now you should connect it to domoticz machine USB port, add it in hardware menu in Domoticz. In Domoticz log you will see if it is connected. Then all you need to do is create some nodes and start playing! Remember that you will not get anything in Domoticz (see any nodes) until the value is sent. Its not enough with a presentation.

When a nodes sends it first value you will find the node in "devices" and you need to add it before it shows in Domoticz GUI.

If you have not worked with Domoticz before, you will find most answers here: http://www.domoticz.com/DomoticzManual.pdf

• Even a versionnumber from the gateway is depending of a respons of a sensor?

• [SOLVED] The solution was essentially very simple (like many problems).
    1 - Connect the gateway to a computer and open the Arduino-IDE and in the serial monitor appears something like:

0;0;3;0;9;gateway started, id=0, parent=0, distance=0
    0;0;3;0;14;Gateway startup complete.

(You now know that the processor works, now's time to check whether there is communication with a sensor.)
    2 - Connect a sensor in the same way. (Note there is set to the correct COM port.) Appeared in the serial monitor:

send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,sg=0,st=ok:1.5.1
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,st=ok:0
    sensor started, id=1, parent=0, distance=1
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=0,t=4,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=25,sg=0,st=ok:DimmableLED /w button & r
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,st=ok:1.2
    Sending in last known light level to controler:0
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=1,t=3,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:0
    Ready to receive messages...
    read: 0-0-1 s=1,c=1,t=3,pt=1,1=1,sg=0:0
    New light level received: 0

Conclusion: There is two-way communication! So the gateway works well (and the same applies to the sensor)! In my case I played somewhat arround with the sensor and observe the respons of both, sensor and gateway.

Hope this description can help others,
    Wijbe

• Hardware Contributor

Another thing you can do is use the MockSensor sketch - it makes it pretty easy to make fake sensors so you can test out radio range or controller behavior for different sensor types.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics