Error Compiling EthernetGateway using Lib 1.4

I installed the new libraries today and took a shot at compiling the Ethernet Gateway. i made the changes to use the iTead "iBoard" that i am using successfully under Lib 1.3 but I get an Error Compiling in an area that does not appear to have anything to do with the necessary board changes:

This from the running compile log:

In file included from C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors/Relay.h:15,
    from C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors/Gateway.h:15,
    from C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\Gateway.cpp:12:
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors/Sensor.h:23:20: warning: EEPROM.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors/Sensor.h:18,
    from C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors/Relay.h:15,
    from C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors/Gateway.h:15,
    from C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\Gateway.cpp:12:
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:47: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:48: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:51: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:53: error: 'uint64_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:73: error: expected `)' before '_cepin'
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:139: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:162: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:182: error: 'uint64_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:208: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:208: error: 'uint64_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:217: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:245: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:279: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:312: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:325: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:355: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:355: error: 'uint32_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:403: error: 'uint32_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:419: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:419: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:485: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:511: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:537: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:607: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:607: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:614: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:628: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:637: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:650: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:699: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:712: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:722: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:802: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:810: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:820: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:829: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:840: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:851: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:858: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:865: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:874: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:883: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:896: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:896: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:909: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:909: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:923: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h: In member function 'bool RF24::isValid()':
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:568: error: 'ce_pin' was not declared in this scope
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\utility/RF24.h:568: error: 'csn_pin' was not declared in this scope
    C:\Documents and Settings\John Steele\My Documents\Dropbox\Apps\ArduinoDroid\Arduino-master\libraries\MySensors\Gateway.cpp: In member function 'void Gateway::begin(rf24_pa_dbm_e, uint8_t,

EthernetGateway.ino.pdf

@Yveaux But this IS the code from the site. All I did was add back my pin changes for the iTead board.

As a check I copied the code of the site directly, pasted it into the IDE with no changes and it fails to compile also. Three must be a problem with my copy/config of the Libraries but I've double checked them. I'm running everything from storage in DropBox so I can work from multiple systems so I dose it's possible there is a problem but I haven't found it yet.

• Mod

@clippermiami I see... Looking at https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino/tree/master/libraries/MySensors/examples/EthernetGateway the initialisation of the gateway is indeed identical to how you do it.
    Better ask @hek then πŸ˜‰

• Admin

Hmm.. it compiles fine here. I'm using Arduino IDE 1.5.5. Could that make a difference?

It also compiles fine in codebender. Could you try uploading from browser?
    http://www.mysensors.org/build/ethernet_gateway

@hek Very strange. I'll see about upgrading the IDE but I think that's a reach πŸ™‚

I didn't try the online approach yet, I haven't used at all this point. The iTead board needs some pin changes. Can those just be made online and then complied? Can the changes be saved to my local system?

Now I'm leaning toward a problem with my configuration, picking up the old libraries somehow?

• Admin

@clippermiami

Yes you can do changes online. Just clone the example (button top-right when logged into codebender)

@hek Thanks.

I've checked it ask again and it looks fine. Everything is where it's supposed to be:
    Arduino-Master/Libraries/MySensors/MySensor.h and MyGateway.h etc.

Anyway, keep trying πŸ™‚

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics