Sensors don´t update

• I have installed all the 1.4 files in my Vera lite.
    Made an arduino nano serial gateway an it seems to be working. plugin version 1.4 - Lib version 1.4 It says.
    Made one water meter sensor and one Light sensor.

Both is included and everythis is ok but I dont get any sensor data.
    If I restart the sensors i get a new time for last update, but after that it dont update again. No data and no more last update.

What am I missing?

• Admin

Turn on debugging and see what happens in the sensor.

• I have only had that twice. One time was a low battery and other was a range/wifi issue.

• Hardware Contributor

Are your nodes on battery? I experienced something similar when using step-up-regulators to feed the radio unit. I've used both 3.3V and 5V from mysensors store and concluded that the radio prefer direct battery supply, regardless of capacitor.

• This is what I get in serial monitor from the light sensor.
    I dont know what to look for.

sensor started, id 1
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=3,st=ok:1.4
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,st=ok:0
    read: 0-0-1 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=2:M
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=12,st=ok:Light Sensor
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,st=ok:1.0
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=0,c=0,t=16,pt=0,l=3,st=ok:1.4

The sensors are powered from a usb phone charger 2,1A so it cant be a power problem.

• Admin

Initial transmits seems to get through. But I can't see any light sensor data. Anything else coming except the zeroes? Guess it will only send in updated values .. so if light sensor only gives zeroes nothing will be transmitted.

• No, there is nothing else except the zeroes.
    Bad light sensor mabye?

• Admin

yep. Try moving it or use a flashlight when testing.

@sneaksneak said:

The sensors are powered from a usb phone charger 2,1A so it cant be a power problem.

It's been my experience now, to never, ever ever say it cannot be a power problem. 🙂

Can you add some debug code to the sketch to see what's going on in there?

• Ok. When used a flashlight it response with a new lux? value.

I was thinking of using this sensor on the laundrymachine.
    My machine has a led that is blinking when the laundry is ready. Can I use this or should i use the power meter puls led sketch instead?

Thank you for the help, and thank you for an intresting project.

What kind of a light sensor are you using? Maybe it is just not sensitive enough to detect the LED light. If you use one of them LM393 type you could try to use the "DO" and hock it up to a binary input instead. Then you should be able to adjust the sensitivity with the photometer.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics