RGBW lights not reacting simultaneously after Domoticz restart

• I'm using Domoticz Version: 3.5877 running on Raspberry Pi 3
    MySensors gateway is a NRF module connected directly to GPIO pins, GW Version: 2.1.1

I'm controlling 3 RGBW nodes from Domoticz. All of my scenes contain all 3 lights.

When I set up a fresh installation of Domoticz everything works fine. When I switch on a scene all 3 lights change their state simultaneously (nodes implement fading effect). They go in time like this:

Light 1: /---- FADING TO THE NEW STATE ----/
    Light 2: /---- FADING TO THE NEW STATE ----/
    Light 3: /---- FADING TO THE NEW STATE ----/

Everything stops to work properly after the first restart of Domoticz. After that when I switch on a scene the lights go one-by-one like this:

Light 1: /---- FADING TO THE NEW STATE ----/
    Light 2: ____________________________________/---- FADING TO THE NEW STATE ----/
    Light 3: ________________________________________________________________________/---- FADING TO THE NEW STATE ----/

Nothing seems to solve this issue for me - reseting nodes nor deleting them and adding again.
    The issue persists even if I uninstall Domoticz, reinstall it and restore a backup!

I have to uninstall Domoticz completely, delete all of its files, re-install and configure everything manually again for the lights to come back to normal functioning. It's driving me mad!

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? Please help

• Mod

You have to debug what the gateway is actually receiving from controller, just to make sure, and controller's log, then I'd try to make a node with 3 relays (could be 3 leds presented as relays, it's just something to play with) and see if something changes. Could you post the rules you have that control your lights?

• Could you please tell me how to debug a gateway that doesn't use an Arduino? It's just a NRF connected to RPi - I suppose it's done with terminal in Raspbian?

What shows in Domoticz log is this:

2017-04-25 23:31:13.696 User: Admin initiated a scene/group command
    2017-04-25 23:31:13.697 Activating Scene/Group: [Pochmurno]
    2017-04-25 23:31:13.698 Activating Scene/Group Device: Parapet (On)
    2017-04-25 23:31:16.152 Activating Scene/Group Device: Szafa (On)
    2017-04-25 23:31:18.555 (NRF) Lighting Limitless/Applamp (Szafa)
    2017-04-25 23:31:18.639 Activating Scene/Group Device: Dioder (On)
    2017-04-25 23:31:21.543 (NRF) Lighting Limitless/Applamp (Dioder)

The lights are named "Parapet", "Szafa" and "Dioder". Scene's name here is "Pochmurno"

It seems like the controller is waiting with sending the command to another node until the previous one finishes a transition.

• Mod

If you want to debug the gateway you need to have it configured as ethernet and use myscontroller or mqtt and use any mqtt client.
    But since you already figured that it's actually the controller that is sending the delayed commands, I guess it's an issue much more to the controller engine rather than mysensors. Did you ask in domoticz forum yet?

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics