Hardware shows node values updated - Device view does not

• MySensors ethernet gateway on rPi direct connection using 2.2.0-beta
    Node with temp/hum sensor using 2.2.0-beta
    Domoticz 3.8153

I have added the gateway and it is "seen" by Domoticz. I added the node and it is seen in the Hardware view. After several days the node finally showed up under Devices (even when setting Domoticz to accept new devices and turning on the node in that time).
    For hours at a time the Hardware view of the node shows updated data but the Device view (and consequently the dashboard item) shows no updated data. The values are different than the last value in Devices.

Hardware view:

0_1509554908711_upload-8e278678-5736-4585-a4e7-79b92ef07eaa

Device view:
    0_1509554983734_upload-4ca0b5f8-7f47-4b92-a04f-d412a93368ee

What do I have to do to get Domoticz to use the updated values? This has been going on for a week+ now. No response on Domoticz forum for this issue.

• Mod

@wergeld try deleting the node and assign a new node ID just to start like a new sensor

• @gohan Yes, did that. Same thing. Node reports data to Domoticz. Domoticz shows the updated values in Hardware view but does not update the device. I have tried auto-ID assignment and manual using different IDs. Same result each time.

• Mod

I am on domoticz 3.8666... maybe you need to update

• @gohan Okay, flipping over to beta channel.

• Well,
    I let the system run over night after upgrading to latest beta 3.8666. And same (yet slightly different issue) persists. The node is updated in the Hardware view but the Device view has not had the temp/hum updated - AND there is now a new device but it is only for temp????
    Hardware:
    0_1509622042487_upload-e48e2a4b-ea1f-44c7-8c33-daf9cde332f1
    Observe that data was last seen minutes ago.

Device:
    0_1509622126601_upload-542e3994-aeb2-4d17-b8fb-92b9e1c3609b

Note the "LaCrosse TX3" entry that only reports temp - this is new. I am at a complete loss here.

• Hardware Contributor

If you look around you might find one added device with combined Temp/Hum and two single devices 1) Temp 2)Hum

This is because Domoticz wants to incorporate two devices (HUM + Temp) into one. If the values are presented in a certain order they are combined into a single node. If the node does not update regular they will be read as two different devices and not updated on the first one.

This is according to Domoticz not a bug but a feature.
    Have a look if this is the case... (it looks so in the image)

To avoid this I use two options. Present the temp/hum/(baro) as child ids not close to each other (1-2 and 2-3) or you have to update all values in the same time (ie. you cant use, if value is the same do not send it).

• @sundberg84 Not sure I follow but will try and answer each item.
    If you look around you might find one added device with combined Temp/Hum and two single devices 1) Temp 2)Hum
    I only see these two devices listed. The Temp+Humidity was created before the upgrade to 3.8666 and was last updated at ~4:30pm yesterday (although the Hardware view of the nodes showed updated (and different) values up until my upgrade of Domoticz. The other device is Temp only and was last updated (actually the first time seen) at ~9pm yesterday and not updated since. No other combined devices from MySensors nodes present (there are others from Weather Underground).

This is because Domoticz wants to incorporate two devices (HUM + Temp) into one. If the values are presented in a certain order they are combined into a single node. If the node does not update regular they will be read as two different devices and not updated on the first one.
    Again, the node does update regularly (about every 5 minutes if a value has changed). Look at the Hardware view - it shows that both temp/hum were updated at 7:11am this morning but Device view says only temp was updated at 9pm last night or combined temp/hum at 4:30 yesterday.

To avoid this I use two options. Present the temp/hum/(baro) as child ids not close to each other (1-2 and 2-3) or you have to update all values in the same time (ie. you cant use, if value is the same do not send it).
    I will look into how to present two different child IDs.
    The values are updated at different intervals from node. In the code on the node I test if new measurement for temp is different than last measurement - if so I send, if not I don't. Same for humidity. I can alter this to send temp/hum value if either one is different.

• Hardware Contributor

@wergeld said in Hardware shows node values updated - Device view does not:

The Temp+Humidity ... The other device is Temp only and was last updated (actually the first time seen) at ~9pm yesterday and not updated since.

This could be your problem. If the node first reports Temp/Hum Domticz will make one node of the two values. If for some reason the node only reports temp (say hum is N/A or some other error) or your node have a reset Domoticz will start updating the single temp instead,

• @sundberg84 Okay, but why would it not report updated values for Temp then when Hardware view of the node shows updates?

• Hardware Contributor

@wergeld - that is a good question. Is it the same value being sent in? Did you comfirm with the log from the node?
    Could it be the hardware view is update everything when one variables gets to the controller? Sorry... many questions, no answers.

If you made some update it can be you see a old child in the hardware view but new childs in the device view? Can you see anything under "not used" ?

• @sundberg84 No, it is a different value. In my image above you see that the Hardware shows 15.6C (which is 60F) and the Device shows 72F. When I view the log for the gateway I see that roughly every 5 minutes (which is what I set in the node as minimum send rate) there are new values - and they match in Hardware view of the node. My view of the Devices is for All devices. The only one under Not Used is that "new" Temp only item.

• So, since updating to beta release on 11/2 it has now been 5 days since the Device value has been refreshed. Every time I go to check the Hardware view it is updated and has new/diff values. This is stupid.
    I have now updated to the latest Domoticz beta in hopes something changes.

• So, got my ESP8266 and set it up as the ethernet gateway. Removed the on-board RPi gateway. Domoticz picked up the new gateway easily enough (this has never been an issue). Now, turned on my nodes (with static nodeIDs) and the gateway picked up one of the two nodes (why? no idea). Sent presentation to gateway then to Domoticz. Domoticz sees the humidity sensor as S_UNKNOWN but with V_HUM values???? I have no idea what is happening. The ESP gateway log shows the sensor as S_HUMIDITY just fine. So, this is a new wrinkle. But the same issue persists - temp/hum updated on the Hardware view of the gateway but Device view of that sensor is never updated from initial state. I am this close to taking the whole system out back with a baseball bat.

So, status now:
    Only 1 of 2 nodes seen by gateway (unique IDs on both)
    The 1 node values are sent to gateway around every 5 minutes (with new values as tested over night)
    Domoticz does not update the Device with any new values from initially seen data
    Gateway serial log is showing updates just fine
    MYScontroler running on my Windows box also sees the updates just fine
    OpenHab2 does not see any updated from initially seen data
    Stress level at 100%

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics