How to make radio ESB disable

• Hi,

how to make radio ESB mode disable in MySensor API. please help me out.

• Hardware Contributor

you can choose if you want to use ESB for RF, or not with a define in your sketch like

#define MY_CORE_ONLY

With this define, it's mysensors core only (still including Mysensors nrf52, no radio active, but some mcu resources are used like timers etc)

Or during execution, you can shutdown radio in your sketch.

But if this is regarding switching between ESB and BLE, you may need to take a look at what are the resources used by softdevice (nvm, timers, interrupts etc.) and by the MySensors nrf52 port (hardware abstratction layer).
    and then do the changes needed in Mysensors nrf52 port, to reset, init etc. all resources implied.

• Contest Winner

@icmathad said in How to make radio ESB disable:

If you mean to switch between BLE and ESB. This is not possible at the moment.

The function call to disable the SoftDevice is not available with the arduino-nrf5 port. This is required to release the radio interrupt. This function call is available with the Arduino Primo port.

If you are using the NRF51 the used RTC for sleep() is conflicting with the SoftDevice. The SoftDevice must be disabled before sleep(). The NRF52 comes with an additional RTC, which is used for sleep().

The most blocking reason the SoftDevice is unsupported is the arduino-NVM library, required as EEPROM emulation. This library isn't using the SoftDevice API for flash access. The library blocks the program flow, if a SoftDevice is present. I had invested some time without luck. I don't know why.

Pull requests are welcome.

• Contest Winner

@icmathad said in How to make radio ESB disable:

You can add a second NRF5 MCU or an dedicated BLE chip one for BLE and one for ESB.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics