Sensebender GW no output on serial

• After being away for almost one year. I picked up some of my stuff lying around in my cellar 🙂 Part of that is a Sensebender Gateway which is supposed to replace my current ATMega Gateway. However, I have a really strange behavior (Arduino 1.8.5):

• Uploaded Gateway5100 code -> I can see in my OpenHab controller that it works
    • However, I cannot see any output from serial.println. - I tried other MySensor sketches, like SecurityPersonalizer -> doesn't work

I tried it with some of the basic Arduino sketches where no MySensor code is involved: This works.

I tried a re-install of Arduino, also deleting everything under /Users/tom/Library/Arduino15 and installed the boards (MySensors SAMD Boards 1.05) again.

I am really stuck. Any ideas are highly appreciated.

• Mod

what mysensors version are you using?

• Version 2.1.1

• Ok. I have some new findings. Serial.print works after I sent a couple of thousands. Here is some code (not nice, but anyway...)

This will not print anything in the Serial Monitor:

#define MY_CORE_ONLY

#include <MySensors.h>

int i = 0;
    void setup()
    {
        Serial.begin(9600);
        for (; i< 10000; i++) {
          Serial.println(i);
        }

}

void loop()
    {
        if (i < 150000) {
          i = 200000;
          Serial.println("Started clearing. Please wait...");

Serial.println("Clearing done.");
        }

}

Changing the loop end in the for loop in setup to 50000 for example, Serial.prints show up.

• Ok, now I think I have a workaround...The sketch SecurityPersonalizer gave me the right hint. I need to extend the waiting time in setup. If I extend it to around 10secs it seems to work.

void setup()
    {
        unsigned long enter = hwMillis();
        while (hwMillis() - enter < (unsigned long)10000);
        Serial.begin(115200);
        Serial.println("here you go");
    }

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics