Water volume widget

• I tried to ask at the Domoticz forum but I find it hard to get any help there. So I just try and ask the same question here.

I wonder if anyone knows what kind of values the water volume widget expects in Domoticz?

I have a sensor that presents water flow and volume every time a valve is opened. It would like to log the amount of water for that session when the valve is open and then closed and also the total volume for each day.

As it is now I send the increasing total the whole time the valve is open and end with zero when I close it. Don’t know if it is the zero that mess things up? But any suggestion to what kind of values I should send to Domoticz is appreciated.

• @raptorjr Me too, Domoticz relies on accumulated values, the best solution currently appears to be S_DUST...Seriously...
    I have two tanks to monitor, one Sewage one Water Stored, the V_LEVEL and S_DUST permits tailoring of both to be displayed as %age available/lost with no accumulation aspects...
    Hope this points you in the right direction...

• Mod

@raptorjr I have not used the water widget, but I have used the power widget. I think they behave in the same way.

The power widget wants this data:

MyMessage wattMsg(CHILD_ID_POWER, V_WATT);
    MyMessage whMsg(CHILD_ID_POWER, V_KWH);

wattMSG is the power flow at the moment. This number varies from 0 (no flow) to something like 2000 in my case.
    whMsg is the "volume" of power consumed. This number is always increasing, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, year by year. I am not sure what happens when it wraps around, but it should not be reset.

My guess is that the same applies to their water buddies

MyMessage flowMsg(CHILD_ID,V_FLOW);
    MyMessage volumeMsg(CHILD_ID,V_VOLUME);

I don't think Domoticz (or MySensors) has a way to record individual sessions.

• @mfalkvidd Thank you. Will try that and see what happens.

• Mod

You may need to look at influxdb and grafana to do the reports you are looking for

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics