How to start with FOTA

• Hi,

I hope someone can help me to start with FOTA. I have read this page: https://www.mysensors.org/about/fota#the-fota-bootloader. But still I am still not sure how to start.

1. Does a gateway needs to have special firmware?
    2. If you flash a 328p with MYSysController firmware for the first time and there is no sketch loaded, how do you get the skets loaded as the node won't advertise itselfs to the gateway??

I know how to flash a 328p but I am not sure how to get the sketch on it the first time and MYSYSController does not work with my gateway so I am now trying MyController.

Can someone put my into the right direction?

Thanks for helping out..

• Mod

No special firmware needed on the gateway, you only need a controller that supports the fota. Once you loaded the bootloader you should be able to load the sketch. Personally I prefer the dual optiboot method as it is easier to manage but it requires an additional spi flash chip

• @gohan Well that's what I do not like. Is there any documentation arround how to start with MYSysController firmware for the first time?

• Mod

Adding a firmware to MySController is easy, you just copy the hex file to the firmware folder then you assign it to a node with a right click. The most difficult part it to have the MySbootloader running on the node 🙂

• @gohan the problem is that MySContoller does not work. Cannot connect to Gateway. The flash seems succesfull. So I am trying to use MyController.

• Mod

what kind of gateway are you using? MySController only works with ethernet or USB/serial

• @gohan Ethernet.

9-6-2018 14:57:49 INFO Connected to 192.168.0.4:5003
    9-6-2018 14:58:07 TX 255;255;3;0;20;0
    9-6-2018 14:58:07 ERROR Error on connect: connection refused (pressing discover)

• Mod

That is odd... I have never seen that message

• @gohan Disabled my Firewall and Virusscanner and now it seems to work 🙂

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics