Watermeter pulse sensor, mistake in the provided ino file ?

• Hello Team,

I'm using the water pulse meter ino file with jeedom.
    I made some change like this :
    gw.present(CHILD_ID_FLOW, S_WATER);
    gw.present(CHILD_ID_VOL, S_WATER);
    gw.present(CHILD_ID_PCMSG, S_WATER);
    gw.request(CHILD_ID_PCMSG, V_VAR1);

Compare to the orignal one :
    gw.present(CHILD_ID, S_WATER);
    gw.request(CHILD_ID, V_VAR1);

I f i don't do this, there is only one child presented to the gateway, and all 3 counters are sent in the same variable. The results on jeedom is only one value is recognized, and when it receives 3 values for the same thing, the variable in jeedom takes 3 different values alternatively... by the way, the gw request VAR1 doesn't work as it's taking the wrong variable...
    From now, it works with these changes, but does I miss something ?
    The right result is presented in the image below. As you can see we need 3 different variables in jeedom.
    Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 10.01.23.png
    Make sense ?

• Interesting catch!
    I'd like to know if these values are reported to domoticz properly - too!

• @andriej These value are reported into the same Variable... so the GW receive 3 different values sequentially...I guess that behavior should be the same on domoticz.

• Better to give a link to the sketch and copy the original part of code :
    https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino/blob/master/libraries/MySensors/examples/WaterMeterPulseSensor/WaterMeterPulseSensor.ino

And yes there is only one sensor presentated to the gateway :
    // Register this device as Waterflow sensor
    gw.present(CHILD_ID, S_WATER);

But there is 3 differents messages created on the same sensor. So there is on this node a waterflower sensor, but also a volume sensor and a counter sensor.
    Why just one sensor ?

@GizMoCuz I see you have done the latest changes on this sketch and part of it was the declaration of 3 differents messages types with only 1 sensor. Is this volontary ?

• @lunarok said:

CHILD_ID

By the way, if I write this "gw.present(CHILD_ID, S_WATER);" , it means that it's only one sensor, and is not able to store 3 differents values.
    Look the screenshot. If I don't declare 3 sensors image, I will have only sensor number 5 for example 😞 Hence only flow is reported... in this case, 0 (as there is no flow rate).
    Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 00.10.06.png
    When node register to gateway, it present itself with one sensor and only one value....
    Or maybe it's a jeedom issue, and jeedom is not able to understand 1 sensors, carrying 3 different values...

• Could you share your ino file ? Sounds interesting for jeedom users 🙂

• Hello, can you put the entire file .ino modified , I have the same problem as you.

Thank you

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics