Battery backup?

My Air conditioning remote control sensor is almost done. However, each time I disconnect it, I have to go through a truly annoying search sequence that not only turns my poor aircon on and off but can also take 3 minutes. Is there a simple way of providing battery backup to a circuit? One option would be to use a powerbank but if there is something battery based i would prefer it.

• Mod

@Moshe-Livne A different attempt to solve your issue: Why does your airco turn on/off at startup? Maybe because initial state is on?
    You could store the last known state in eeprom every time it changes and recover that state when powering on.
    Or even simpler; make the default state switched off and only switch on when told to.

@Yveaux no no no.... I didn't explain myself well I guess.
    The mysensors node "press" buttons on a universal remote control, see http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/1662/air-conditioning-hvac-control-work-in-progress

The universal remote is powered from the arduino as well. As long as it is powered it remembers the settings for the aircon. once I power down the node the remote powers down as well and has to scan to find the right settings.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics