What's the difference between NRF24L01+ and NRF24L01

• Contest Winner

I had some NRF24L01 radio's laying around which I'm currently using. But I noticed that one of the shops where reguIary order some of my sensors have expended their assortment with NRF24L01+ radios. And they're also cheap. I got to NRF24L01+ radio's for a bit under 4 euros

I tried to look up the difference between the + and the normal version on the internet but I had no luck with my search criteria.

Also, is it possible to mix NRF24L01 with NRF24L01+ in one single network? Because I haven't found a NRF24L01 version with an extended antenne yet. And when I remove my current controller from the bread board and make a decent version on a PCB, I would like to have a radio with a long Antenne on my controller. So that I can mount it permanently into my hall way closet (Not sure if that's the correct English word for it)

• The biggest difference between the 2 is that the version without + has only1Mbps and 2Mbps on-air data-rate, while the + version can also do 250Kbps.

You can mix these 2 versions as long as you use 1 or 2Mbps as the data-rate.

• Contest Winner

Thanks for your fast reply @ericvdb. Since I have 4 NFR24L01 radio's and only two NFRL2401+ radio's. I'll start with mixing them. I can allways upgrade my whole network to NFRL24L01+ radio's later on. I want to complete my basic sensors first.

• Use the + version on the gateway 😉

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics