[SOLVED]Arduino nano clone, serial gateway not working

• Trying to use a nano clone instead of mij current uno to establish a serial gateway to a raspberry. The nano however, keeps giving me a radio fail.
    Checked the wiring 4 or 5 times, so that should be okay.
    Searched the interweb for problems with these clones, but nothing useful came up, besides known problems with a USB driver, wich don't seem to be relevant, given the fact that uploading a sketch gives no problems.
    Anyone else experienced such problems? Is there a solution? Or would it be much smarter to use a mini with a ftdi232?

• Contest Winner

Did you hook up a 4.7 uF cap? Most of the problems relate to power issues.

• Yep, even larger than 4.7 uF.
    Could it be the 5V pin on the nano, not giving enough current?(a 3.3V regulator is connected to this pin). I thought this pin was directly connected to the 5V coming from the usb connection (powered hub attached). But if it isn't........ will be investigating that later this day...
    This topic could be a lead; will try to get 3.3v directly from the nano.........

• Contest Winner

The Nano has it's own 3.3V pin. That's the one I sometimes use for powering an Antenna. But the Arduino cannot supply a lot of power. When powering an Nano from an 5V adapter, it's better to power the radio from the adapter (instead of the Arduino itself). Of course you need a regulator

• It appeared my radio module wasn't functioning......😠
    The nano gateway works perfect now.......😌
    Thank you, TheoL, for your reactions!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics