Car Automation

• Hi, im starting a project now to automate my car. (Old Toyota SUV)
    at home im using Vera Z-wave + Arduino integration, in the car i was thinking to use RPI with OpenHAB and OpenRemote + Android Car PC. reason why i want to use OpenHAB and OpenRemote is because its easy to design stuff in OpenRemote and it looks really good. But OpenRemote lack easy integration with Arduino (Arduino will run all of my sensors:) ) things that i want to integrate in the car is: light sensor, for dimming the light automatically when it detects a passing car, automatically turn on the 1000M light if the passing car dont turn of their lights, reversing radar/ radar to detect blind spots (going to use ultrasound for that): ME007-ULS V1 Waterproof Ultrasonic Sensor
    this is from 8cm-8m, control all lights in the car, differential locker, AC, door lock, windows, mirrors, ignition etc. attached is a picture of the interface im designing in OpenRemote. i havent added any switches or anything else to it yet, just the layout. i will add all the equipment to the car in the UI to make it appear as in real life to make a nice visual look in the app. does anyone have some other tips on what other stuff i should implement or add?
    i also want to make a GPS speedometer on the RPI, but i think its hard so i want focus on that. My car is from 1995 so i cant use OBD2/1 😞 0_1456325928869_Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 09.41.57.png

thanks in advance 🙂

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics