Stepper wont work with Mysensors

• Hello,

I try to run a stepper 28byj-48 with driver in mysensors. As soon as I Mysensors.h activate the stepper motor will not run. Can anyone help me what I do wrong. I use Int 4,5,6,7, above. Also at 3,4,5,6 not work I put too // for Mysensors the engine is running normally. Also burn without Mysensors all 4 LEDs. With Mysensors burn only 3 LEDs.

• Hi,
    we need

• Schematic
    • Code
    • Relevant links to the used parts i.e. datasheets

• Here the image and the code that i wil use it a start. I am new to programm arduino.

Schematic that i use this works without Mysensors.h (see the sketch)

http://engyfun.blogspot.nl/2015/02/here-is-source-code-for-our-28byj48.html

// =========================== Zet de serielle monitor aan ======================================
    #define MY_DEBUG
    // **************************** Einde Debug *****************************************************

// =========================== Radio instelling RFM 69 ===========================================
    //#define MY_RADIO_NRF24
    #define MY_RADIO_RFM69

//=========================== Node en Child infomatie =============================================
    #define MY_NODE_ID 17
    #define CHILD_ID 2
    //**************************************************************************************************

//***************************** Einde Radio setup ***************************************************

#include <SPI.h>
    //#include <MySensors.h>
    #include <AccelStepper.h>

#define HALFSTEP 8

// ============================ Motor pin definitions ==================================================
    #define motorPin1  4                    // IN1 on the ULN2003 driver 1
    #define motorPin2  5                    // IN2 on the ULN2003 driver 1
    #define motorPin3  6                    // IN3 on the ULN2003 driver 1
    #define motorPin4  7                    // IN4 on the ULN2003 driver 1

int CHILD_CURTAIN_ID =4;

// Initialize with pin sequence IN1-IN3-IN2-IN4 for using the AccelStepper with 28BYJ-48
    AccelStepper stepper1(HALFSTEP, motorPin1, motorPin3, motorPin2, motorPin4);

//==================================================================================================

MyMessage msg_S_COVER_U(CHILD_CURTAIN_ID, V_UP);
    MyMessage msg_S_COVER_D(CHILD_CURTAIN_ID, V_DOWN);
    MyMessage msg_S_COVER_S(CHILD_CURTAIN_ID, V_STOP);
    MyMessage msg(CHILD_CURTAIN_ID,V_UP);

//*************************************************************************************************

// ==============================  Begin Setup ===========================================================
    void setup() 
    {
      stepper1.setMaxSpeed(18000.0);
      stepper1.setAcceleration(100.0);
      stepper1.setSpeed(400);
      stepper1.moveTo(20000);

}
    //****************************----- (Einde setup )---********************************************************

// ==============================---- Begin Loop ----========================================================
    void loop() 
    {

//Change direction when the stepper reaches the target position
      if (stepper1.distanceToGo() == 0) 
      {
        stepper1.moveTo(-stepper1.currentPosition());
      }
      stepper1.run();
    }

// **************************** Eind Loop ==================================================================```)

Sorry i can get the  code not in a nice black box.

• Code looks good so far... (you misplaced the starting and ending ``` to mark code in a black box).

What I can tell you from own, painful experience: If anything fails with the radio setup (also registration I think), loop() will never be executed. I was testing a LED library, working perfectly without MySensors.h but not doing anything with MySensors.h included.

Later I realized my controller was switched off..after I switched it on everything worked. So ensure that MySensors can communicate properly. That means implementing presentation() and all other functions..

• @Pansen,

Thanks i give it a try.

• @ Pansen It work now!
    When connect the radio then the 4e led and stepper is working.
    Thanks for the help.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.