Help a beginner who wants to start microcontroller coding

• Banned

I see lot of chip from Atmel company like AT89C2051,AT89S52,Atmega32,P89V51RD2.

Suppose I write a code for ATMEGA32 which blink one LED after 10 milliseconds. Can I use the same code for AT89C2051, AT89S52, P89V51RD2 if I change the port?

So if I buy one USB ISP programmer for Atmega32 MCU can I use it to program AT89C2051, AT89S52 also? Or does anybody compare the chip in terms of compiler, programmer, coding language, development board etc.?

• Mod

This was posted by a spam bot which picks up questions from stackexchange, in this case http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/28232/help-a-beginner-who-wants-to-start-microcontroller-coding/78005

The account has been banned but the post is kept to help others fight this spam bot.

• Mod

@mfalkvidd have you noticed these bots coming from a some specific IP subnets or do they use random IPs?

• Mod

@gohan we are trying to block IPs but they are coming from upwards of a hundred addresses so far. And by blocking blocks of IPs we risk shutting out legitimate users.

• Mod

@mfalkvidd I've been mod myself many year ago and even thou there were more than 50k users, there weren't this many kind of bots. Can't you just block new users registration from those IP for let's say 48-72 hours? Google also is kind of temporarily blocking IPs if they see somebody trying failing too many logins.
    What about changing that captcha you have in registration form? It doesn't look too difficult to solve. I am not saying that it will solve the problem, but at least slow it down.

• Mod

@gohan said in Help a beginner who wants to start microcontroller coding:

@mfalkvidd I've been mod myself many year ago and even thou there were more than 50k users, there weren't this many kind of bots. Can't you just block new users registration from those IP for let's say 48-72 hours? Google also is kind of temporarily blocking IPs if they see somebody trying failing too many logins.
    What about changing that captcha you have in registration form? It doesn't look too difficult to solve. I am not saying that it will solve the problem, but at least slow it down.

Registrations from IPs used by banned users are already blocked. Not for 48-72 hours but forever.

It might be possible to develop a better captcha, but that would require someone to produce the code, and that someone needs to do a better job than Google's developers (who have built the captcha we are currently using).

Many years ago the spam problem was incomparable to today. Bots use AI and real humans to crack captchas and other obstacles, and they use content from other sites to make profiles and posts look legit.

• Mod

I remember I saw those captcha that ask you to solve a small picture puzzle or choose pictures showing a specific item, but I can't remember if they were from recaptcha or other company

• This post is deleted!

• Mod

@Igor-Antolić if you want to help the original author of the question, posting an answer on the linked stackexchange thread will probably be more efficient. The original author is not likely to look in a different forum, almost 5 years later.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics