Serial Gateway restarting

• My serial Gateway (2.1.1) is restarting in some situations. I have already replaced the hardware. It is running on an 3.3V Arduino. I am using an uncostomized version of the serial gateway sketch. Only the baud rate is reduced because of the 8 Mhz Arduino. The recommended capacitor is in place. I am using the "Newbie PCB" with an dedicated voltage regulator.
    After some testing it seems that the restarts always occur when the gateway fails to transmit a message to a node. I had one node that was temporary offline. This node is normaly activated via some lua scripts in domotics. While it was offline this always caused a gateway restart.

2017-04-19 23:27:00.450  EventSystem: Event triggered: Heizung Arbeitszimmer_2
    2017-04-19 23:27:00.600  MySensors: Gateway Ready...
    2017-04-19 23:27:00.676  MySensors: Gateway Version: 2.1.1
    2017-04-19 23:27:01.801  MySensors: Gateway Ready...
    2017-04-19 23:27:01.877  MySensors: Gateway Version: 2.1.1

I have an LED actuator node which is only reliably reachable via a repeater. It seems like the gateway tries to reach it directly which sometimes fails. In these situations the switching is delayed by about 2 seconds and according to the logs the gateway restarts.

This does not occur with nodes near the gateway.

Is this a bug or expected behaviour? Or am I doing something completely wrong?

• @Jan-Gatzke
    I now and then experience the same, but in my case it seems that a lack of messages sent to the gateway cause the restart

BR,

Boozz

• Mod

try to define parent id on the far node so that it always tries to connect via the repeater and see what happens

• @gohan

Does this affect messages sent from the gateway to the node, too? I found nothing in the documentation about this.

• Mod

it affects the node that always uses the repeater and doesn't try to reach for the gateway directly.
    Use
    #DEFINE MY_PARENT_NODE_ID
    and add the ID of the repeater

• @gohan

This has improved the overall latency for my node much, thanks.

Anyway the serial gateway still seems a little buggy regarding the handling of broken messages, right?

• Mod

What do you mean?

• @gohan

It should not restart.

• Mod

Ok, then it must be something else. Don't you have a regular Uno to try?

• @gohan

The restarts seem to have stopped after setting a static parent. But the gateway should never restart because of some failed transmission imho.

• Mod

agreed but when communications are not optimal bugs can come out.
    Maybe @Yveaux @hek can add something?

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.