MyGateway.h and MySensor.h can not be found

• Greetings Again,

Here I am with a new (well, different) computer onto which I downloaded the Arduino IDE. I then downloaded the Arduino-master zip folder and placed it in my sketchbook location. Upon compiling, I am told that the MyGateway.h and MySensor.h files cannot be found, even though they are residing one level above my program (I am trying to compile the Serial Gateway).

When I look at the file hierarchy, it goes: documents/Arduino/Arduino-master (unzipped;), libraries/MySensors. The MySensors folder contains all the .h and .cpp files and the examples folder, within which resides the Serial Gateway program.

I ran the debugger and received the following error list:

Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=106 -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\variants\standard -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SPI C:\Users\FS113184\AppData\Local\Temp\build602465618798150284.tmp\SerialGateway.cpp -o C:\Users\FS113184\AppData\Local\Temp\build602465618798150284.tmp\SerialGateway.cpp.o
    SerialGateway.ino:25:24: warning: MySensor.h: No such file or directory
    SerialGateway.ino:26:25: warning: MyGateway.h: No such file or directory
    SerialGateway:33: error: 'MyGateway' does not name a type
    SerialGateway:35: error: 'MAX_RECEIVE_LENGTH' was not declared in this scope
    SerialGateway.ino: In function 'void setup()':
    SerialGateway:41: error: 'gw' was not declared in this scope
    SerialGateway.ino: In function 'void loop()':
    SerialGateway:46: error: 'gw' was not declared in this scope
    SerialGateway:50: error: 'inputString' was not declared in this scope
    SerialGateway.ino: In function 'void serialEvent()':
    SerialGateway:69: error: 'MAX_RECEIVE_LENGTH' was not declared in this scope
    SerialGateway:71: error: 'inputString' was not declared in this scope
    SerialGateway:75: error: 'inputString' was not declared in this scope

The interesting thing is that I CAN compile and load the program (Serial Gateway) through the online application but it does not compile when I attempt to do so my hand. Is there a way to provide screen shots through this forum? If not, will some kind soul who has been through this issue please provide a link so I can share my file layout? Respectfully - Baran

• Admin

You should only copy the "libraries" folder from inside the zip to your sketchbook location. And restart IDE.

In your case:
    documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors

You can drag-and-drop images directly to to the compose window.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.