Arduino Mega with ESP8266 onboard
morrison last edited by morrison
Hi all. Awesome project, thank you all so much.
Please help if possible.
I have Robotdyn Mega+WiFi R3 ATmega2560+ESP8266 board with external pins and 8M memory. Mega2560 with esp8266 on-board, connected internally by TX/RX pins (serial3/serial0 on mega and HW serial on ESP). So I can flash esp, can flash mega, both parts works fine with Mysensors sketches.
Question - the any way to use Mega2560 Pins over wifi network with Mysensors?
I see 3 way:
- ESP as Ethernet Gateway and Mega as a Node - sounds like a good solution, but how to connect by build-in serial? Maybe some have examples...
- Powerful controller as a Gateway
- Pins of both controllers can be used (yes, heres also pins from esp - 6x GPIO on-board)
- Flash Mega part OTA (maybe, not main point)
- Can't see way to connect Node by serial TX\RX to Gateway. But heres a hope - we have serial to controller connections possible, maybe its possible and for node?
- ESP as wifi shield. Mega as Ethernet Gateway with ESP as network adapter with serial connection.
- Hm.. a little more standard solution? Simplest?
- Slow board as controller with same power consumption
- No ESP Pins and other features.
- Connect ESP and MEGA parts by external RS485 adapters
- Strange way, use many pins
- Can be do with available examples
Thanks for attention, sorry for my English