VH400 Moisture sensor question

• My first post here. I am not a technician. Just trying to use Vegetronix' excellent capacitive moisture sensor VH400. All works perfectly but I am still not completely happy.

I am monitoring the sensor with a small digital votmeter that has a resolution of 0.01v. I know this is overkill, you normally do not need this kind of precision.

Yet, I would like to understand something.
    The reading of the sensor is perfectly stable but while monitoring it, it seems that the reading on the voltmeter sticks to a value until a significant change in value is reached. Intermediate steps do not show up on the voltmeter. I know the sensor has that resolution though.

If I turn off the power supply of the mini voltmeter and then turn it on again (just by unplugging it), then I can see those intermediate steps.

Would anybody know how to prevent the led digital voltmeter from "sticking" to a value and displaying all values without having to unplug it ?

Many thanks

• Contest Winner

@Rhoditis said in VH400 Moisture sensor question:

The reading of the sensor is perfectly stable but while monitoring it, it seems that the reading on the voltmeter sticks to a value until a significant change in value is reached.

Probably some hysteresis programming in the volt meter...

did you try to monitor the voltage with your arduino sensor yet?

• Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, hysteresis programming makes sense. But when I am testing these small voltmeters with a power supply they respond to the 0.01v changes...
    really strange.

I have not try to monitor the voltage with the arduino sensor yet but I did test it with a multimeter that uses a lcd display. Works fine there...

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.